Looking for fishing buddy

F
Flygal
Hi I am new to this Forum and I am looking for someone to flyfish with. I have fly fished for three years and learned how to tie my own flies last year at the Caddis fly shop. I belong to the Damsel Fly Club, but I would like to have more options and more opportunities to fish where I can safely wade, and fish for trout.

I work during the week, so my availability is limited to evenings once daylight savings arrives or weekends.

I love to fish, have a 5wt 9 ft rod, waders, boots, jackets, assortment of flies and license. I have fished Armitage, Salmon Creek, MF Willy and tried my hand at two lakes last summer-which was very fun. I dont have float tube or pontoon although I am actively looking for one, so I can lake fish more this summer.

Thanks for reading!!!

Flygal

T
tomriker
I'm just a lowly bass fisherman, but welcome to the forum and im sure you'll make some new trouty friends! :)

T
TTFishon
Welcome to the forum Flygal. There's plenty of fly fisher peeps here with a wealth of knowledge to share.

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF. You shouldn't have any trouble finding some helpful folks on here, that you can go fishing with. Good luck!

K
Keith
Flygal,

You can fish with me and my buddies anytime - same goes for all you OFF's.

I usually fish: Deschutes, Cascade lakes and stream and North coast lakes and streams.

Might be hard to hook up since you are down in Eugene, I usually do not get down that far sought.

Good luck. Tight lines!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Welcome! Good to have another Eugene area local to chuck flies with.

Check in often, we're about to do a lot of fly fishing for trout on the Mckenzie with the march browns about to start.

I'm sure we can find an extra seat in a boat for you sometime.

A
abibibo
Welcome! Another fellow Eugene-ian here. Been chasing our elusive native winters pretty obsessively lately--I usually out on the water at least once each weekend. Relatively new to the Northwest and always happy to have a partner in crime--yourself included. Probably headed back down to the North Umpqua this weekend--that might change depending on how its looking but shoot me a pm if you (or any other OFFers) might want to catch a ride. Otherwise, I'm sure I'll be hitting the local trout streams once the bugs start getting active.

Last edited:
W
waco
Welcome to OFF!

J
jabs67
Welcome Flygal!!!!

F
Flygal
cute dog..... I don't know how to bass fish...maybe I can learn

F
Flygal
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!

F
Flygal
Let me know I would love to go......

T
TTFishon
Flygal said:
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!

Hey, no problem. I knew you'd get a warm welcome here.

F
Flygal
I would be happy to drive up there..... to fish....

J
JeannaJigs
Welcome! always nice to have another member of the female populous on here. I live in Eugene, but admittedly fly fishing is on the recreational backburner, something to do when I've got nothin' else going on by way of salmon or steelhead.

F
Flygal
Hooray...thanks.. Well maybe someday we can meet up!!

B
BobbiDollPDX
I don't fly fish because I am coordinationally challenged.

Howdy.

L
lilsalmon
Welcome to the forum!!! I live in Albany but love the Mac and Willy....We fish there quite often. We should hook up some time. I have only been fly fishing for two years and no longer own any "gear".

F
Flygal
I would love to!!! WOOHOO

F
Flygal
HA...me too, but I still try it and am at times successful....