Eugene fishing

plumbertom
plumbertom
maaaxxd said:
Oh, I see! The duck pond where it spills into the river? I like that spot too! By main canal, I meant on the opposite side of the bridge you drive over to get to the parking lot, over more behind the car dealerships. The north side of the bank has a trail with some decent spots, and the south side is where I usually fish, the long straight grassy area. There are a few light poles Lined up and I think if you have the Ada parking thing you can drive and park down there! That's where they dump the fish in to stock. I might head out there for a bit today.
Yeah, that's the area that allows ADA parking with a permit.
I fish there when I go because I can park in the center strip that runs between the two paths.
As I understand it, the stocking truck usually dumps its load just at the end of that straight stretch of canal, just before the curve.

Reactions: maaaxxd
M
maaaxxd
plumbertom said:
I fish there when I go because I can park in the center strip that runs between the two paths.
As I understand it, the stocking truck usually dumps its load just at the end of that straight stretch of canal, just before the curve.
Yes that's exactly where they stock it! I fish that area all the time! We have definitely seen each other at some point just not realized it lol

• Love
Reactions: troutdude
M
maaaxxd
plumbertom said:
Went today for about 45 minutes, about as dead as it gets out there didn't see any action at all. Went down to the waterfall where it spills into river and didn't see fish there either! Definitely not stocked yet.

plumbertom
plumbertom
maaaxxd said:
Yes that's exactly where they stock it! I fish that area all the time! We have definitely seen each other at some point just not realized it lol
You wouldn't miss me if you ran across me now that I have a parking permit.
I'd be parked along the paved pathway.
Older green Dodge PU usually with the back open as I don't close it when I take my gear out.

plumbertom
plumbertom
maaaxxd said:
Went today for about 45 minutes, about as dead as it gets out there didn't see any action at all. Went down to the waterfall where it spills into river and didn't see fish there either! Definitely not stocked yet.
Probably plant tomorrow. Maybe I'll head out there tomorrow.

O
olshiftybiscuits
troutdude said:
@maaaxxd welcome to OFF!

I was in your hood back on March 30th. Dropped my lines into Dexter at first legal; near the covered bridge. C & R'd 8 'bows all 13" or less, and saw another angler reel in one of the "trophy" sized fish. Then I banked it over by the ramps on the north side (where OSU's rowing crew had parked and disembarked, I think, for some races #GOBEAVS). Didn't fish there for long but managed to C & R 2 more smaller fish.

I've been wanting to fish the Middle Fork below Dexter; but for Walleye. But I didn't because I thought it was closed. However I just scanned the reg's and it is open--with some caveats.

Good luck in your quest and let us know how you do! (we like pic's too...lol)

You’ll want to go a lot further downstream for walleye.

troutdude
troutdude
olshiftybiscuits said:
The fellow that owns/runs the Best Fishing in Oregon site grew up there--and says that there are plenty of Walleyes in that upper stretch. But I'm sure that they live all up and down that stream.

Reactions: maaaxxd
M
maaaxxd
olshiftybiscuits said:
I've seen them caught at the dam on lures! But not often. And I caught one myself a few years ago, a very small one near elijah bristow