I found this today

B
bran_man
With my bobber and eggs... thick hen. Guessing solid 8 pounder @29"
1222130932.jpg

hobster
hobster
Good job Brandon! Thought you might get one today, first time out this winter right?

S
steelhead_slayer
Awesome

Reactions: bran_man
B
bigboy70
Beautiful fish!

jamisonace
jamisonace
Nice. Looking forward to getting out this week.

T
troutmasta
Nice Find-

B
bran_man
Thanks guys! Believe it or not hobster, this is a summer fish on our home river. Just happened to be a really fresh one. Its could possibly be a winter too (they get lost and come up sometimes) my original plan was to hit a winter river but none of my buddies could make it so decided to stay local and apparently paid off lol

E
eugene1
Nice one, close to home... even better!

Best,

hobster
hobster
bran_man said:
Thanks guys! Believe it or not hobster, this is a summer fish on our home river. Just happened to be a really fresh one. Its could possibly be a winter too (they get lost and come up sometimes) my original plan was to hit a winter river but none of my buddies could make it so decided to stay local and apparently paid off lol

Sweet. At first glance, I thought those rocks looked familiar :thumb:

jamisonace
jamisonace
The summers brighten up after they spawn.

Last year my neighbor got one about this time and I couldn't believe how bright it was. He took it home and the meat was perfectly white.

T
Throbbit _Shane
jamisonace said:
The summers brighten up after they spawn.

Last year my neighbor got one about this time and I couldn't believe how bright it was. He took it home and the meat was perfectly white.

Iv heard them called Re-Brites. Nice fish whether a summer or a winter!

B
bran_man
Yeah I have caught re brights plenty of times out there.usually they're like skinny snakes and usually recycled. This was a fresh thick shouldered fish. Still full of eggs and meat was orangeish good for the smoker. I can usually tell if its a re bright and those go back in :)

jamisonace
jamisonace
Wow, that's awesome.

bran_man said:
Yeah I have caught re brights plenty of times out there.usually they're like skinny snakes and usually recycled. This was a fresh thick shouldered fish. Still full of eggs and meat was orangeish good for the smoker. I can usually tell if its a re bright and those go back in :)