Buddy missed a BEAST of a fish at Green Peter today!

troutdude
troutdude
My bassin' buddy went solo on GP today; to scout things out. He got a beast of a Chinokanee half way into his net. Then the sucker broke the O-ring OFF of his plug! He estimated a 15-20 pound fish! Bummer that I wasn't there to get a pic, or help with the net.

Ever since watching a video of a fellow OFFer, several years ago, net a 10 pounder...I knew that there had to be bigger ones. And I saw some mighty large ones looking up at me, from a Quartzville Creek bridge back in the 80's. It was pre-dawn and I was shining a flashlight into the stream, to see if it had been stocked with trout.

And, apparently, ODFW only recently figured this out. LOL

https://www.opb.org/news/article/biologists-discover-landlocked-chinook-salmon-in-o/

• O RING.jpg
Last edited:
F
Fishonshawn84
Land locked salmon have been in there a long time. ODFW has known about it for a long time as stated in the article. Its even been in the regulations for YEARS that you can't keep them. They are just now trying to find out how there are wild ones in there with the hatchery ones.

Reactions: troutdude
C_Run
C_Run
What is the state of Green Peter now? You can launch a boat now? Sounds like some fish survived. What about the kokes?

troutdude
troutdude
C_Run said:
What is the state of Green Peter now? You can launch a boat now? Sounds like some fish survived. What about the kokes?
Yes my buddy launched his bass boat yesterday on GP. So it's full enough to launch and wet your lines. He was targeting smallies. But he didn't say if he had any other hits; besides that Chinokanee.

hobster
hobster
troutdude said:
Ever since watching a video of a fellow OFFer, several years ago, net a 10 pounder...I knew that there had to be bigger ones.

That was throbbitshane. One of my favorite videos ever posted here. I’m sure it’s somewhere in the archives.
Your buddy must’ve been heartbroken, we’ve all been there

troutdude
troutdude
hobster said:
That was throbbitshane. One of my favorite videos ever posted here. I’m sure it’s somewhere in the archives.
Your buddy must’ve been heartbroken, we’ve all been there
Yep; it was Shane. In Ted's boat (TTFishon). I totally remember that video...it was hilarious at times. He only had 6 lb. line and there were knots in it. Ted tried to net the fish but thought that he might lose it. So Ted grabbed it's tail and flipped it into the boat.

1710879176109.jpeg

troutdude
troutdude
@hobster I again scoured our archives, but I cannot find that video. Shane's account is gone altogether, so maybe he deleted it. I surfed Ted's account page, but no luck finding any reference to that big fish video.

hobster
hobster
That was a hilarious video! Too bad you couldn’t find it but at least you found a picture. Nice detective work.

Top Bottom