2024 Salmon Show OFF

jamisonace
jamisonace
I got on the board early this year. I had heard of a few fish being caught so I figured I better get out and give it a go. I went by my favorite spot at 5:45 this morning and there was a boat launching so I moved to another spot I like and had these two by 7:30. Feels great to get the skunk off with a limit before work. Back bounced both fish on straight eggs. I can't say I had a ton of confidence in my eggs because my freezer died and I have no idea how long they sat thawed but it was still cold inside when I found them so I figured I better at least try them. Glad I did.
 
  • springers.jpg
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: allforthefish, EveryNow&Then, Snopro and 2 others
troutdude
troutdude
jamisonace said:
I got on the board early this year. I had heard of a few fish being caught so I figured I better get out and give it a go. I went by my favorite spot at 5:45 this morning and there was a boat launching so I moved to another spot I like and had these two by 7:30. Feels great to get the skunk off with a limit before work. Back bounced both fish on straight eggs. I can't say I had a ton of confidence in my eggs because my freezer died and I have no idea how long they sat thawed but it was still cold inside when I found them so I figured I better at least try them. Glad I did.
Right on buddy!

Do you keep them in a cooler or something, while your at work?
 
  • Like
Reactions: jamisonace
jamisonace
jamisonace
troutdude said:
Right on buddy!

Do you keep them in a cooler or something, while your at work?
Yeah. Kill bag with ice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude
jamisonace
jamisonace
Went out tonight and got my contractor one after work.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: allforthefish and troutdude
C
coalbe
IMG_5679.jpg


Had a nice day out and managed to get a fresh one on the spoon rod.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Like
Reactions: allforthefish, Diehard, Snopro and 1 other person
Diehard
Diehard
Wacked a nice little fish on the willy fish took a keith archer coony and soft spinner fished behind a protroll
 
  • Like
Reactions: Admin and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
coalbe said:
View attachment 640645

Had a nice day out and managed to get a fresh one on the spoon rod.
Glad that you got it and not the bird! lol

P.S. That's a picture worthy of inclusion in the reg book or the ODFW photo contest!
 
F
fugitivefisherman
Finally caught my first salmon on a spinner. Couldn't be more excited! Sorry for the stick through it, didn't want it to float away hahaha.
Screen Shot 2024-05-02 at 10.18.16 AM.png
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kadenfansler20 and troutdude
C
coalbe
fugitivefisherman said:
Finally caught my first salmon on a spinner. Couldn't be more excited! Sorry for the stick through it, didn't want it to float away hahaha.View attachment 640656
Summer Steelhead
 
Diehard
Diehard
Even has the broodstock maxillary clip definetly a summer nice fish though congrats!
 
jamisonace
jamisonace
It's been slow for a couple weeks but found a keeper this morning. 13lb buck on a K15.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Diehard and troutdude
Diehard
Diehard
Love the plug takedowns nice feesh!
 
hobster
hobster
A buddy of mine invited me to go fishing on the Umpqua yesterday for Springers. Was slow and didn’t see any hooked in our area. I did catch a decent sized 14 to 16 inch fish, but we couldn’t figure out what it was. We were back bouncing eggs and it hit pretty hard, sure got my heart racing! I wish I had a picture, but it went right back into the water. It sure was fat and eating well, and did not have an adipose fin. I found that very strange, it definitely was not clipped because there was no scar and I’ve seen hundreds of clipped fish. I know it’s a longshot without a picture but any ideas? Are there any fish in the Qua without an adipose fin?
 
P
pcstock
Striper?
 
troutdude
troutdude
pcstock said:
Great guess! But wouldn't a striper still have an adipose fin?
 
troutdude
troutdude
American shad is my guess.

1715805074610.jpeg


Or Redtail surfperch.

1715805172890.jpeg


Or a Black Crappie.

1715805253405.jpeg


All of which can be found in the Qua.
 
hobster
hobster
Thanks for the input guys. Definitely was not a striper or a shad, caught quite a few of those (shad). It wasn’t as round as the fish above and more streamlined, at first I thought it was a nook jack. Man, I wish we got a picture of it. My buddy thought it was an Umpqua chub, but those average 3 to 5 inches, and this was way bigger than that. It looked kind of like a sucker fish, the ones I catch on the Siuslaw and Mac sometimes, but did not have the round mouth. Tis a mystery. Maybe it was some strange hybrid fish.
 
hobster
hobster
Sorry to hijack the salmon thread, but I didn’t think this was worthy of a new thread. Still looking for my first Umpqua springer, hopefully I will be posting in this thread soon. Mac looking good
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
hobster said:
Sorry to hijack the salmon thread, but I didn’t think this was worthy of a new thread. Still looking for my first Umpqua springer, hopefully I will be posting in this thread soon. Mac looking good
The only fish that are listed as inhabitants of the Qua--without an adipose fin--are in the three pics above.
 
hobster
hobster
Thanks troutdude, you da man! Where would this forum be without you
 
  • Haha
Reactions: troutdude

Similar threads

bass
Replies
4
Views
511
bass
bass
bass
Replies
2
Views
776
bass
bass
bass
Replies
0
Views
393
bass
bass
bass
Replies
1
Views
397
troutdude
troutdude
bass
Replies
0
Views
467
bass
bass
Top Bottom