First edition that I found...anyone else got cool books like this one?

troutdude
troutdude
Found this original edition, 8 years ago. First published in 1971; by one of the leading experts here in the PNW.

• Fishing for Sea Runs Les Johnson.jpg
Reactions: Irishrover
Irishrover
Irishrover
Picked this book up about 63 years ago. Must be the hoarder in me. It's a fishing guide to all the lakes and rivers fished back then, and still producing today.

Reactions: troutdude
Diehard
Diehard
This book states steelhead are a sea run rainbow trout I was not aware of this found it kind of interesting

S
Snopro
Yep, both are Oncorhynchus mykiss.

Your book probably has them as Salmo gairdneri.

Reactions: Irishrover
Diehard
Diehard
i believe some of the facts have changed since that book was published kinda interesting

Irishrover
Irishrover
Another steelhead fact, unlike salmon they can return to the ocean after they spawn. Salmon kick the bucket and become nutrients, but steel head can spawn and make a second trip. Now that's a lot of swimming especially if they come from the Clearwater River in Idaho.

C_Run
C_Run
I haven't read this yet but it is written by OFF member sportsmanlio from Klamath Falls. He's a "species hunter" and travels all over to log new species. I've followed his Facebook for a while and he is over 1000 fish species. It's available on Amazon.

• Wow
Reactions: troutdude and Diehard
Irishrover
Irishrover
That looks like a good addition to my library. I enjoy reading books by local authors, like Scott Richmond, Jim Bradbury and Francis H Ames. Thanks for the information, C-Run!

troutdude
troutdude
Irishrover said:
That looks like a good addition to my library. I enjoy reading books by local authors, like Scott Richmond, Jim Bradbury and Francis H Ames. Thanks for the information, C-Run!
Indeed. Much of my library contains books written by local authors. Like many that are/were available from Amato Publications in Portland.

DOKF
DOKF
Diehard said:
i believe some of the facts have changed since that book was published kinda interesting
Fact don't change. Interpretations vary.

Diehard
Diehard
DOKF said:
Fact don't change. Interpretations vary.
Is that a factšŸ˜