Siuslaw bank fishing 9/16/23

A
allforthefish
Hey yall, thanks for any input on the following subjects. I really appreciate this forum and all you guys willing to have a conversation and share a bit. I will be visiting Florence this coming weekend and plan to fish both upriver with bobber/eggs as well as from the rocks at north jetty with spinners/buzz bombs. I am somewhat familiar with throwing big spinners for salmon (Winchester Bay) but I am pretty new to fishing with bobber and bait for Salmon. I have never bank fished the Siuslaw at all. I plan to leave the Eugene area around 4am but I can not decide on where to fish first. I originally planned to be at the rocks to throw spinners before sunrise, but after looking at the tides (low slack is at about 8:30 am) I do not know if I should try tossing a few bobbers/spinners upriver of mapleton with sunrise. Then go fish the jetty after the tide starts coming in. Any tips on either subject would really help. Also may check out Rhododendron drive. I hear it can get busy though. Thanks!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Well I can tell you that there’s not a whole lot of fish upriver (Mapleton) yet. The water is still way too warm. As far as the Rhody Rocks I’ve only seen a few people there lately

Reactions: allforthefish
A
allforthefish
Reel_Deal said:
Well I can tell you that there’s not a whole lot of fish upriver (Mapleton) yet. The water is still way too warm. As far as the Rhody Rocks I’ve only seen a few people there lately
Thanks! I know of 2 caught above mapleton but that's it. Last weekend the coho were stacked just outside the jaws. So I'm hoping that Rhody drive or the north jetty will be productive Saturday during the incoming tide.

Reactions: Reel_Deal