Help a fellow angler get into some trout!

M
Matt G
Glad I'm not the only one! It is a nice little lake though, even without a lot of action. I'm sure it will heat up as the weather warms and the stocking schedule gets underway for the year. The lake is smaller than I thought it would be, and I think it's a great size for a float tube - perfect for a pontoon boat.

troutdude

Amped kids are the best. That's really cool, that she likes to fish with pops!

I fish Woolly Bugger and nymphs from my tube quite a lot. I have caught way more fish with those flies than any other method of fishing (except for maybe trolling a Brass Litlle Cleo spoon). So, I'd encourage you to give it a go. Just get it out there and let it drift along with your boat action.

Hopefully you'll get into some fish next time.

C
capblack

you should have rowed up to the inlet, it makes the lake feel a lot bigger!! just curious, have they implemented the pay to play there yet?? i heard it was going to be $5 to park from now on.

M
Matt G
you should have rowed up to the inlet, it makes the lake feel a lot bigger!! just curious, have they implemented the pay to play there yet?? i heard it was going to be $5 to park from now on.

Yeah, I did row back up there - probably 70% of the way from the bend to the inlet. Anchored up in about 8 feet of water and ate lunch. It was nice.

There was NO fee to park or launch. That surprised me a bit. I assumed I'd have to shell out five bones or so to launch, but no dice. I wasn't complaining!