Help me get some shad?

E
eugene1
Glad you got into them, monty.

L
LingFace
montym , did you end up mastering the shad fishery? Shad are on my list of fish to catch. I am taking up fishing again after an 18 year hiatus. I am hoping to catch enough throughout the year to make a big dent in my meat access. Shad looks to be a good fish for part of this. Do you know if they travel further up the river? I live near Albany.

M
montym
LingFace;n599102 said:
montym , did you end up mastering the shad fishery? Shad are on my list of fish to catch. I am taking up fishing again after an 18 year hiatus. I am hoping to catch enough throughout the year to make a big dent in my meat access. Shad looks to be a good fish for part of this. Do you know if they travel further up the river? I live near Albany.

Mastering any fishery will take ages I reckon, I've fished for shad 4 time in total so I am still in my diapers. Easy fishery though, they are greedy/aggressive and will hit anything shiny from what I've seen and heard. Still, there are tricks that help some to get a lot more than the others. See my original report about that kid who was kicking my butt!

I would not know about Albany, to be honest I had to look it up in Google maps. I would not be surprised if a few trickle down, but a huge number probably not. You might want to start a new thread around May next year to get dope from some real experts.

Regards
Monty