Coquille

M
masmith
Is there any bank fishing on the Coquille this time of year that will get into the early fall run?

I am here this weekend in Roseburg and the family is heading to the coast so I really want to toss some spinners.

Any thoughts would be great.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Fish are mostly down low but you might try as high as rocky point. Not sure about bank spots though other than the jetty in Bandon.

C
ChezJfrey
Yeah, my brother-in-law/sister-in-law live near the Coquille, in Myrtle Point, and banking is tough on that river...a lot of private property (on a side note, he is a life-long resident and knows virtually everybody so he said he'd get me access to some great spots if I ever want to fish down there...even a boat trip if I want :) ). jamisonace is right, chinook are scarce higher than Rocky Point right now so look for something in that area or lower for your best chance.

C_Run
C_Run
The little jetty by the boat basin is worth a try this time of year. I tried a couple of times last year. Did not catch anything but did have one on and got to talk to a bunch of locals fishing there. The channel goes right by there and I did see a number of fish caught from boats right within casting range.

M
masmith
Thanks. I tried a boat launch about 12 miles from Brandon and rocky point. The lots were full of boat trailers. Heard some folks talking, the bite was not on today- despite the hundreds of boats. I saw no fish rolling- nothing like pacific city on the nestucca when they are jumping everywhere. Maybe they need some rain to liven up.