Best fishing spots in Multnomah and Clackamas counties?

Z
zabrak
So, I live in Washington County, and anywhere there's no genuinely great fishing spots here, so I'm thinking about going to surrounding counties for great fishing spots, and stumbled upon these:
  • Buoy 10
  • Benson Lake
  • Clackamas river
  • Milo McIver State Park
  • Eagle Creek
Anybody familiar with any of these?

Am I missing anything?

S
sapo
Welcome to the forum!!

I live in Wash. County too, and I have looked everywhere but the only good fishing is in a couple ponds and creeks I found for warm water species.

Those are very different locations lol but Buoy 10 is pretty much a boat only chinook/coho fishery..It's spectacular if you've got a boat.

Never been to Benson, I've heard it's ok.

McIver park is the Clackamas river, so those would be grouped into one. The Clack is an excellent river for steel/salmon/trout, and apparently EC is suuuper crowded during the salmon season so I'd stick to the Clack itself.

It looks like you're fishing for salmon or steel?

bass
bass
There is a small secret lake called Hagg lake in Washington county :)

The Tualatin river has good fishing for warmwater species. Most of its length is in Washington county.

In Multnomah county I would place the Willamette pretty high on great places to fish.

Best of luck.

Z
zabrak
sapo said:
Welcome to the forum!!

I live in Wash. County too, and I have looked everywhere but the only good fishing is in a couple ponds and creeks I found for warm water species.

Those are very different locations lol but Buoy 10 is pretty much a boat only chinook/coho fishery..It's spectacular if you've got a boat.

Never been to Benson, I've heard it's ok.

McIver park is the Clackamas river, so those would be grouped into one. The Clack is an excellent river for steel/salmon/trout, and apparently EC is suuuper crowded during the salmon season so I'd stick to the Clack itself.

It looks like you're fishing for salmon or steel?

Thanks bro.
Yeah, own a boat so it won't be too much of a problem - I'll be fishing for both salmon and steel

Hell, I want to get into sturgeon too but I'm sure itll.be easy to locate the spots for thrm via Google as they're not as common of course

P
pinstriper
zabrak said:
Nearly all of those are lame, though.

I don't follow what you're trying to say. The list has 7 entries that cover 3 out of the 5 locations you asked about.

Z
zabrak
pinstriper said:
I don't follow what you're trying to say. The list has 7 entries that cover 3 out of the 5 locations you asked about.

Sure, but you wouldn't want to actually drive out there to fish there, you know

jamisonace
jamisonace
Really? This is your response to someone offering help?

zabrak said:
Nearly all of those are lame, though.

D
DrTheopolis
If you have a boat, there's the super-secret Columbia River for salmon and steel... but don't tell anyone, since it's a secret.

B
BaldTexan
^
Bahahaha. Geez!!! The secret is out! Lurkers are heading there now by the dozens!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

P
pinstriper
I found a wiki page about the Columbia river, but I'm keeping the url to myself until I check the whole length of it to make sure there are no lame spots.

D
DrTheopolis
The outside ends of the wingdams are totally lame. But let's just keep that to ourselves.

D
DrTheopolis
And we probably shouldn't even get into how lame the Oregon City area is for anglers. Doesn't get much lamer than that.

B
BaldTexan
OC especially sucks! Dang big ol' oversize sturgeon and salmon are crowding out the pike minnows! Terrible spot.

P
pinstriper
DrTheopolis said:
The outside ends of the wingdams are totally lame. But let's just keep that to ourselves.

At the risk of threadjacking, this is as good a time as any to ask, as an extension of my newb vocabulary lesson series, but....what exactly is a wingdam ?

B
BaldTexan
Not really a dam. Think of it as a diverted wall from the bank out towards the center of the river.

D
DrTheopolis
Looks like a bunch of boards sticking up out of the water. They're there to keep silt out of the channel.

D
DrTheopolis
Wingdings are LAME!

D
DrTheopolis
And you know what else is LAME?

That they moved Buoy 10 all the way up to Multnomah County. That's going to make for all kinds of restrictions on the Columbia in Portland/Troutdale.

B
BaldTexan
Sweet! That will free up some good elbow for me!

bass
bass
You know what's really lame...

A person with a bad leg who limps.

I am glad that this thread turned humorous. When I read that first "lame" reply I could barely restrain myself from typing in such a string of profanity that it may have not only resulted in me being banned from OFF but from the internet itself.

Never spit into a helping hand.