Walter Wirth/Walling

F
Fisherman.Z.
Oh Yeah

Oh Yeah

I forgot to mention that i have seen a MASSIVE pair of Brude Trout at walling. HUGE SALMON SIZED TROUT! i would love to catch them... :pray:

and there is a MONSTEROUS orange koi in there, ALSO there is rumored to be a sturgeon un there, but who knows:shock:... but ive heard that from more than one person...:confused:

F
Fish Dawgs
anyone been out there lately has the water gone down enough to fish?
Is there really sturgeon in there.
Will have to try sometime

F
Fisherman.Z.
Fish Dawgs said:
anyone been out there lately has the water gone down enough to fish?
Is there really sturgeon in there.
Will have to try sometime

I dont think that there is, but i have heard it more than once.

F
Fish Dawgs
is the water down yet.

F
fish finder
worms, rooster tails, and power bait to the bottum

S
Smokey McFisher
Fish Dawgs said:
is the water down yet.

its down alittle, but still really flooded, bring boots. not flowing out into creek as bad now, but still not many being caught. only saw one caught saturday in about 5 hours, and it was a small stock.

as for walling not sure how water level is, but about a week ago it was still really flooded and muddy around shore.

anyone know what size/color kastmasters people are catching the brooders on? i have a gold w/ green sticker and gold/rainbow trout color ones, 1/4 and 1/8 oz. with no luck.

18406ej
18406ej
The last brooder I saw being caught at Walter Wirth was on an 1/8oz KastMaster-type in fluorescent orange

18406ej
18406ej
Good Day at Walter Wirth

Good Day at Walter Wirth

Managed to catch 3 stockers on a fluorescent orange rooster tail, and this brooder on PowerBait.

The brooder was given to someone who promised that they were excited to eat it. It was a very bright fish- the dark spots are from where it is rolling in mud.

R
rainbowfisherman
ok so is it fishable again

F
Fish Dawgs
18406ej said:
Managed to catch 3 stockers on a fluorescent orange rooster tail, and this brooder on PowerBait.

The brooder was given to someone who promised that they were excited to eat it. It was a very bright fish- the dark spots are from where it is rolling in mud.

did you put the pb under a bobber or sink it to the bottom?

18406ej
18406ej
It felt fishable again- the water is clearer, and the run-off is minimal. There were rumors of stocking today, but no truck arrived before I left at 1230. The PowerBait was set to sink and then float about 3' off of the bottom. The Roostertail was cast and then retrieved after only a "2" count, so it was nowhere as near to the bottom as the PowerBait was.

Last edited:
R
rainbowfisherman
how do you make it sink and then rise?

18406ej
18406ej
I just set the crimped weights about three feet from the hook and then cast out without a bobber.

R
rainbowfisherman
oh
ok so i have herd that it is getting stocked this week but i dont know when.
Any idea

18406ej
18406ej
No idea- the schedule says "week of the 12th", which in the past has been Monday through Wednesday...

S
Smokey McFisher
im getting ready to head to walling right now, so ill let you all know what i hear about stocking and how it goes. wish me luck, been skunked last 6 times! :mad: lol

S
Smokey McFisher
so went to walling yesterday, started up front and nothing, moved to right side by bramble bushes and got a brooder on, but he threw hook, so moved to back and first cast on new kastmaster landed me this momma. it is 26" from tip of head to tip of tail, 19" around at widest point, and although i couldnt weight it, i held a 15lb barbell in my hand next to it, and i could swear it atleast if not over that much. got it on 10lb line and a $10 walmart pole and reel lol. also saw them stock while i was there today, little stockers that is, not sure how many but i saw them throwing them in by the net full for awhile.

T
troutmasta
Just got back from Walter Wirth, we got a 24" 8 pound brooder of the back side with 2 chartuesse power eggs on a 3 foot leader. Also saw 3 others catch even bigger brooders. Great day of fishing!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
fish frivolity from fisher folk

fish frivolity from fisher folk

troutmasta said:
Just got back from Walter Wirth, we got a 24" 8 pound brooder of the back side with 2 chartuesse power eggs on a 3 foot leader. Also saw 3 others catch even bigger brooders. Great day of fishing!!!

troutmasta;
Welcome to our fabulous fishy forum,formulated for friendly fisher folk. Whew! Try saying that four times,fast. Okay, enough frivolity. Welcome and congratulations on the fatty fish. And thanks for the info it always helps. Hope you enjoy snooping around and gathering information. We have tons of info here. If you don't find what you're looking for, just ask. Be safe.
Barb

T
troutmasta
Thanks for the Warm welcome Raincatcher. Went back to the same spot today not a single bite. But still had a great day on the water. Saw lots of big fish jumping just not biting. Going back on monday. We've only fished this lake twice now any advice to fool em' into biting?