Walter Wirth/Walling

R
rainbowfisherman
did you try powerbait on the bottom.
I am not a fan of powerbait usually but i went to walter fished worms for a while bothing so moved down and a couple had already been caught on powerbait

F
fishhunter28
was at walling this morning not a THING URGGGGG no one was gettin any action ecept thin older guy who happend to hook into a brooder but it shook off best advice is fish the north shore with power bait and a slip sinker

F
Fish Dawgs
Will the fishing pick up anytime soon?

F
fishhunter28
have no idea prob if water temp gets just a bit warmer the lids on my stow away boxes within about an hour were covered with frost. it was cold!!!

F
Fish Dawgs
That sucks because I was planning to go on Friday

F
fishhunter28
i thought it was suposed to be nice this week hey I did talk to some one who told me cast masters work as well as spoons for the brooders but i used both on sat and we all know how that went

R
rainbowfisherman
went to walling today for a little while.
No fish.
Saw someone that looked they did pretty well.

F
Fisherman.Z.
sunday me and my buddy went to walter wirth and sat there for about two and a half hours without anything. no on caught anything, but i did have a brood jump into my line, and another swim about a foot from the bank in front of me.....:(

D
Drew9870
The sturgeon in walling

The sturgeon in walling

Hello i thought i would just confirm that yes there has been a sturgeon caught out of walling and it even got posted in the Statesman Journal. The guy caught the sturgeon using a dead herring, and the sturgeon, of course, had many hooks in its mouth. And i was also posting to let you know that Mill Creek does have a lot of trout in it, I never thought there were fish in there, but i have caught many trout just drifting a worm along the bottom, or casting salmon eggs into a calm pocket of water, fly fishing also is very effective. Over by walter wirth pond, if you cross the bridge and follow the path that goes around Bluegill Ponds and take one of the paths that leads off to mill creek, you can get to the swimming hole and I have caught many trout in this spot, I have caught a 29 1/2 inch trout in this spot.

Also Bluegill Ponds hold some giant carp, the first time I went there I walked up to the shore of the front pond and right in front of me was about a 34 inch carp, and he was just sitting there sucking on the bottom and I noticed bubbles kept coming up, so watch for the bubbles only in bluegill ponds as I have seen a lot more than one carp in there, and I would love to get some advice on catching carp because worms arent very effective at bluegill ponds and neither are potatoes.

Walling is full of some strange fish, I have seen a pretty good size koi carp in walling before, and im almost positive there are carp in there, i would like to know how to catch them because i have tried regular sweet corn in the far back and ended up catching a 27 inch trout

R
rainbowfisherman
Is Mill creek good this toime of year?

C
Commodore S
catching carp

catching carp

Drew9870 said:
Hello i thought i would just confirm that yes there has been a sturgeon caught out of walling and it even got posted in the Statesman Journal. The guy caught the sturgeon using a dead herring, and the sturgeon, of course, had many hooks in its mouth. And i was also posting to let you know that Mill Creek does have a lot of trout in it, I never thought there were fish in there, but i have caught many trout just drifting a worm along the bottom, or casting salmon eggs into a calm pocket of water, fly fishing also is very effective. Over by walter wirth pond, if you cross the bridge and follow the path that goes around Bluegill Ponds and take one of the paths that leads off to mill creek, you can get to the swimming hole and I have caught many trout in this spot, I have caught a 29 1/2 inch trout in this spot.

Also Bluegill Ponds hold some giant carp, the first time I went there I walked up to the shore of the front pond and right in front of me was about a 34 inch carp, and he was just sitting there sucking on the bottom and I noticed bubbles kept coming up, so watch for the bubbles only in bluegill ponds as I have seen a lot more than one carp in there, and I would love to get some advice on catching carp because worms arent very effective at bluegill ponds and neither are potatoes.

Walling is full of some strange fish, I have seen a pretty good size koi carp in walling before, and im almost positive there are carp in there, i would like to know how to catch them because i have tried regular sweet corn in the far back and ended up catching a 27 inch trout

Try a bread ball on a treble hook, small split shot just to sink it. Line will start to swim away, so don't expect a hard bite. Good luck:)

C
chris61182
rainbowfisherman said:
Is Mill creek good this toime of year?

Only if you want to get a nice big ticket for fishing out of season.

F
Fisherman.Z.
Drew9870 said:

i have had carp in walling eat a black rooster tail, it was about 25 inches long. and a fun fight!

F
fishy4
has anyone caught anything recently our of walter or walling? and is there anything else that is good for stockers around?

F
fishy4
oh and what size leader should i be using at wirth?

T
trollin4trout
caught two casting and retrieving a black jig- the jig was moving fast