Surf fishing tournament?

PK Yi
PK Yi
I was wondering if there are any current surf fishing tournament in oregon for redtail perch, or any surf perch. I googled and came up with nothing, which is surprising since there are lots of redtail perch all along the oregon coast.

if there isn't, I think it'll be fun to start one.

S
sapo
don't think there is..but would be super fun to do one

C_Run
C_Run
There is one in Bandon in the spring and , I believe, it lasts for a few weeks and people weigh in their largest perch. I believe the winners have been in the 3# range before. I haven't paid much attention to it recently. You could probably get the details from Tony at Tony's Crab Shack/ Port of Call in Bandon. It's a tackle shop/ restaurant in old town. They have a crab derby there , too.

OK. I did some internet sleuthing and looked up "surf perch" on the Bandon Western World website and looked at some of the fishing reports for April and May. Port'O Call sponsors the derby in May and you sign up with them prior to fishing. The phone number is 541-347-2875. There you go.

Last edited:
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
You bring the BBQ and beer I will be there!:thumb:

PK Yi
PK Yi
C_Run said:
There is one in Bandon in the spring and , I believe, it lasts for a few weeks and people weigh in their largest perch. I believe the winners have been in the 3# range before. I haven't paid much attention to it recently. You could probably get the details from Tony at Tony's Crab Shack/ Port of Call in Bandon. It's a tackle shop/ restaurant in old town. They have a crab derby there , too.

OK. I did some internet sleuthing and looked up "surf perch" on the Bandon Western World website and looked at some of the fishing reports for April and May. Port'O Call sponsors the derby in May and you sign up with them prior to fishing. The phone number is 541-347-2875. There you go.

thanks for the info.

T
TimberTodd
Sounds like the makings for another OFF get together.

Casting Call
Casting Call
sammy said:
if there isn't, I think it'll be fun to start one.
Bandon is central Oregon....Lincoln County north to the jetties is Northwest zone. U-pick! Iam all in. Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
sapo said:
don't think there is..but would be super fun to do one
Are you in? See post #7. Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
TimberTodd said:
Just what I was thinking. Lets open it to the public also and maybe we might hook some sponsers. It's a fishery that all can do, young and old. The Oregon beaches are public acessable. Tony

M
montym
I'm in ☺

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

PK Yi
PK Yi
Casting Call said:
Are you in? See post #7. Tony

I'm always in. need to figure out where, when, locations, prizes, etc. as you said, lincoln county would be a good general area. not too far from PDX, salem, corvallis, eugene.

Casting Call
Casting Call
The OFF fourm and the public await the details. Tony

S
sapo
I'm in..potentially. Depends when

B
BaldTexan
Sounds fun. I'd be interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
TimberTodd
I would say the first thing to decide is would this be an OFF get together with possible member donated prizes and a weekend campout, or a full blown open to any/all tourney. I could look into the outing, but am limited on time and knowledge to take on the tournament.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Casting Call said:
Bandon is central Oregon....Lincoln County north to the jetties is Northwest zone. U-pick! Iam all in. Tony

Bandon? central Oregon?

C_Run
C_Run
The Bandon tournament if for the heaviest fish but, I'd suggest possibly doing a heaviest stringer format for a one day event. Since the limit is pretty generous, it might make sense.

C_Run
C_Run
rogerdodger said:
Bandon? central Oregon?

"We're going to Bandon next week."

"Bend?"

"No, Bandon" it's on the south coast."

Believe me, I have had that conversation a hundred times.

P
pinstriper
TimberTodd said:

This is a genius idea, someone might suggest this to Barb as I don't think the OFF get together location has been finalized.

Very few rattlesnakes at the beach, also.

B
BaldTexan
Beware of the Sand Rattlers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk