Summer Lake in Beaverton

C
CESAR503
can you really fish here??? checked it out yesterday but i dident fish i wanted to scope it out first.

P
pez75
Yep progress lake and common wealth lake and I can't remember the last one in Beaverton.

P
pez75
thanks Dr. I forgot that one.

C
CESAR503
has anybody been out there lately?

S
sapo
I have, got a few nibbles. Nothing yet though, I think I'm gonna try it out in a few days because of this warm weather, I'll tell you how it goes.

C
CESAR503
cool man....we might run into each other....but ill probably go till monday

F
Finz
Fished there a lot twenty years ago as a kid, back then there were some huge bass and a ton of bluegill. Not sure how it fishes now. I used to toss a whole night crawler with no weight and retrieve in in slowly, the bass would pound it.

B
Big3d
Never fished it, but based on the looks of it, the crawler should be great there.

I
igquick
Are there Carp at Summer Lake? Where is Summer Lake?

S
sapo
igquick said:
Thanks, you catch one yet? There any big ones?

Only targeted them once, haven't caught any yet. I want to! From what I've learned, read, and seen, the majority of carp are about average size. I've seen a few big ones in there, though. Also, corn slays carp there, a guy walking back told me a person was fishing there with corn and caught a carp almost every cast. Summer Lake mostly has carp, you should check it out!

I
igquick
sapo said:
Only targeted them once, haven't caught any yet. I want to! From what I've learned, read, and seen, the majority of carp are about average size. I've seen a few big ones in there, though. Also, corn slays carp there, a guy walking back told me a person was fishing there with corn and caught a carp almost every cast. Summer Lake mostly has carp, you should check it out!

Jeez only if i had enough time to spare...

C
CESAR503
went to the lake yesterday....tried the hair rig and other techniques but no bites at all