Any good Shore fishing spots it’s like there’s no fish here

Ivanconde303
Ivanconde303
Hello I’m new on the site I could use some help In the last 2 month I picked up shore fishing unfortunately the drive is far 1:45 one way! I haven’t had the chance to catch anything on my kayak or on land other then small Rock bass in Garibaldi cannon beach and sunset. I just came from Delaura Beach on Friday 6 hr of shore fishing and nothing any one recommendation will be pursued. I have a few bass kayaks if anyone wants to meet up or carpool from Beaverton lol 😂 wish I had a boat I’m tired of trout fishing stock lakes thanks for any help I need me a honey hole to catch and release I may take one if the fish gods allow but not necessary just need that action of a BFF

plumbertom
plumbertom
Beverton is a bit far for me, as I live in Eugene.
But, surf perch are an option, as well as jetty fishing from the rocks, if you're nimble enough to do it.
I'm not, but I do have a small boat I use to fish in the bays for both crabs and the rock fish that hang around the jetties.
Kayaking the jetties is also an option. Some even fish outside the bays on their yaks. Checkout rodgerdodger's posts for examples.

Reactions: Ivanconde303
Ivanconde303
Ivanconde303
Thanks I’ll check him out

bass
bass
You mention being tired of fishing for trout but what about bass? Plenty of awesome kayak-friendly bass fishing a short drive from Beaverton.

Reactions: Snopro
S
Snopro
Same with shad.

P
pcstock
bass said:
You mention being tired of fishing for trout but what about bass? Plenty of awesome kayak-friendly bass fishing a short drive from Beaverton.
Any suggestions?

bass
bass
Willamette and Columbia rivers. I have posted a ton of reports on here with detailed descriptions and videos.

Reactions: Snopro