Sturgeon opening

R
Redfox458
Just curious as to who will be going out this week/weekend for sturgeon? I was hoping I'd get a chance to go this year, when I looked on ODFW's web page I was pleasantly surprised to see this:

Sturgeon retention is closed, except for the following retention seasons:
Retention allowed Thursday through Saturday, July 11-13 and Thursday through Saturday, July 18-20 from I-205 Bridge downstream to mouth including Multnomah Channel and Gilbert River.
Daily bag limit is 1 white sturgeon, 38-54 inches FORK LENGTH. The annual bag limit is two legal white sturgeon total for all zones statewide.

I live 1/2 mile from meldrum bar boat ramp, maybe I'll get a chance to get out more than once :pray:

B
bran_man
All I know is a would constantly re-check those regs because I heard last time they changed them a bunch like sometimes within minutes lol. If there is an open season, I'm sure you will have no problem finding some friends out on the water lol. There will be hundreds of boats out there. Have a great and safe trip out there! Post some pics!

bass
bass
Thanks for the reminder. I think I will stay away from sturgeon fishing on the lower Willamette until the quota is met. I may go bass fishing just so I can watch the circus if the bite is slow. I figure that there should be plenty of exciting sturgeon angler/wakeboarder discussions going on out in the middle of the river :)

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
Yes, thanks for posting this info. I will steer clear of the lower willy for a while. :)

R
Redfox458
Okay so with that being said, and hopefully everybody else is also avoiding the willy :pray: does anybody know of a deep hole downstream of 205? I'd like to stay near meldrum bar if possible. My old spot was above the 205 bridge and now of course that area is still closed :-(