2021 jetty regulations

A

Alan

This topic was discussed at length a month or two ago but since 2021 is upon us...... almost. I thought I would make sure my interpretation of the regulations are correct. Below is a copy and paste of a email I received today from ODFW, it looks to me as if I can have a limit of 6 sea bass and an additional two Ling Cod, for a total of 8 fish per day..... if I ever get that lucky. I know China and yellow eye along a few other species are not included in the bag limits. But 6 black bass and two lings are a legal daily bag limit, correct? Thank you!

“The 2021 recreational bottomfish fishery will be similar to 2020, with one change: the daily general marine fish bag limit is six (6) fish per person per day.

Other regulations (same as 2020)​

• Yelloweye rockfish are prohibited at all times and in all waters
  • Open at all depths Jan.1 through May 31 and again beginning Sept. 1 through Dec. 31
    • From June 1 through Aug. 31, restricted to inside of the 40-fathom regulatory line.
  • There is sub-bag limit of one (1) for China, copper, OR quillback rockfish
  • Lingcod daily bag limit is two (2) fish, separate from the general marine fish bag limit. Minimum size of 22 inches.
  • Cabezon daily limit is one (1) with a season beginning July 1, 2021.
  • Skates and rays are not part of the flatfish group; they are part of the general marine fish group. The general marine fish regulations (bag limit, depth restrictions, etc.) apply.”

rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Most Featured
You are correct. The 6 fish marine bag limit includes rockfish, greenlings, and (when retention is allowed) a max. of 1 cabezon at least 16" long.

Lingcod is a separate limit of 2 that are over 22".

A

Alan

Thank you! Wanted no mistakes

Top Bottom