Strongest Fighting Fish

F
FishSchooler
FishFinger said:
fish you can't eat w/o slow cooking if for 3 months.

That's 100% incorrect...

O
osmosis
I have to agree with FF on that one. Plus a fish that smells that bad just shouldnt be eaten outside of a survival situation.
I have to clean my cooler about 15 times after going shad fishing just to get the stink out!

F
FishSchooler
osmosis said:
I have to agree with FF on that one. Plus a fish that smells that bad just shouldnt be eaten outside of a survival situation.
I have to clean my cooler about 15 times after going shad fishing just to get the stink out!

You do? Our cooler doesn't really smell at all. We put a ton of ice in, then just put the shad in whole without gutting or bleeding it.

A
A_J-Llama
My vote is for the mighty Crappie, hooked into a 16" monster in Lambert Slough and got my float tube towed around by the scrapper. Second place would be Smallmouth bass from a river, not lake, as they use the currents to their advantage. I think most fish that come from rivers versus lakes are stronger fighters due to fighting the currents to survive their whole life:rolleyes:

R
redsox0407
I once caught a seagull while fishing of shore back east for strippers. Some people won't agree with me but i thought it was the coolest thing in the world, man talk about 3D fishing. The fight lasted all of 15 sec and ended with the gull kinda crashlanding into the water. i'll end the story their.

S
SmallStreams
My dad caught a bat once at twilight... it swooped in low and took his salmon egg just as it hit the water. Dad thought he had a fish and I politely advised him it wasn't. Pretty weird experience in the failing evening light.

O
OnTheFly
SmallStreams said:
My dad caught a bat once at twilight... it swooped in low and took his salmon egg just as it hit the water. Dad thought he had a fish and I politely advised him it wasn't. Pretty weird experience in the failing evening light.

I didn't realize it but I guess it's pretty common. Look in the fly fishing section and go back to about mid May and take a look at thread Bat on a fly line.

1bigfish
I have caught many kinds of fish in my life. Crappie, bluegill, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, walleye, carp, sturgon, salmon, steelhead, sailfish, dorados, halibut, ect,ect...

But hands down pound for pond the best fighting fish I have caught is a Peacock Bass.

F
FernRidgeChamp
I'd have to say after catching a bunch tiny bass, cut throats and bluegill recently ...

all under one pound the blue gill, then the bass and cut throat are tied. I gotta say the brown bullhead puts up less fight then my 1/2 oz bank sinker.

Got a 6 lb bass out of fern ridge the otherday, gave the rod to my nephew and had to hold the pole and him cause the fish was almost yanking him in. It was intense as any experience i've seen, broke a $100 custom-rod even.

FRC

B
Brian Dupree
it has to be Nemo... hands down. look what that little guy went through..lol

F
FishSchooler
Brian Dupree said:
it has to be Nemo... hands down. look what that little guy went through..lol

No, Marlin went through more.

H
Hawk
the Giant Piranha in the bingo bango river close to the Black Lagoon.......................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

B
Brian Dupree
lol

H
here2fish
Black Marlin..
Caught a 9 footer about 8 years ago in Mexico. Took me about an hour.

they swim up to 68 mph I think that says enough.

I have a pic, but its at my dads in a frame.

Ill take a pic of the pic and post it.:cool:

T
Troutier Bassier
I just Realized that the Wels Catfish in Russia.

20 Channel Cat vs. 20 Wels Cat

A
Anyfishisfine
I think the the hardest fighting fish I ever caught was a 4' Wahoo. They are fun to bleed too. They geyser blood like a tuna.

From Wiki:

Wahoo can swim up to 80 km/h (50 mph), Firestein and Walters, 1969. They are one of the fastest fish in the sea.

Mahi-mahi would be a close second, but I think the Wahoo was meaner.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I posted this somewhere else on here but I can't find it. I would love to fish for these before I die!!

[YOUTUBE]Xt_A0Ip-aMw[/YOUTUBE]

These are some mean, crazy fighting fish! :D

A
Anyfishisfine
Larry Dahlberg is just about the only guy who's show I watch. He doesn't spend the whole show trying to sell the boat, rod and reel he is using. He doesn't say Berkly Power blah blah on every cast. He just pimps his beef jerky and shares his adventures.

I really like his lure making episodes.