Steelhead/Chinook Fishing Tomorrow @ Dodge?

Y
youngbuck307
btw group pic after the fish you can tell by poll color lol:lol: man that was a good day on the water thanks agen everyone... i need to pick up bobber stops to but thanks for covering me ninja ill get it back to you;)

P
PDXKush
Ninja hooked me up with some of his gear and I ended up losing it all. I got replacements for you Ninja. Thanks again for everything. Dude took the time to tutor me for a while. Very very cool.

F
Fishtopher
Sweet day on the water it sounds like for all. Maybe Ill see ya'll at Riverside. Watch for the Firebird doin' cookies in the parking lot blastin' Skid Row.:lol:

P
PDXKush
I'll be doing donuts to Faith no More in my Fiero.

O
OneMore
Im pretty sure I saw you gearing up as I was leaving Irishrover. When I first got there I started fishing the only open slot drift fishing green corkie and yarn. Right OFF the bat I see a nice one roll, and the guy not from OFF goes there you go get it. Sure enough I make a cast and fish on. Cromer peels line of my reel make a good leap and poof slack. Made a dumb mistake and had my drag too loose so I didn't get a good hook set. After that I figured out all these people up the river are OFFERS. PDXkushs fish on came right after a huge downpore I swear he just walked back up to the river. None of us even knew he was fishing already? Well Im sure next time we will make sure and bring the fish to the bank.

H
Hook
Anyone have a update on the condition of the sandy. With this rain will it still be fishable Monday?

Irishrover
Irishrover
Hook said:
Anyone have a update on the condition of the sandy. With this rain will it still be fishable Monday?

Right now the river is running at about eleven feet. That's after all the rains yesterday. If we don't get a lot more rain the river will be on the drop and when the river is on the drop after a big rain the fishing should be good. If the river doesn't drop just remember the fish are still there just in different places. I'm headed to the river just as soon as I finish this last cup of coffee. Right now it looks great out here in Sandy no wind no rain.

H
Hook
Thanks Irish, I will be out early Monday morning but have not decided if i will fish down low Troutdale ,Dabney or Dodge Park.

F
FishFinger
Sounds like you guys had a pretty productive time at Dodge. That is a great sign. Dodge is a great barometer of of how fishy the river is. Looks like they might be pumping in in spite of the cold water temp. Yeehaw.... Usually production at Dodge is a indicator you'll find fish clean up to Cedar creek as well.

P
PDXKush
Check it out. Beautiful Day on the Clack today. Started early @ Riverside park @ The Blair witch hole with Fishtopher...Anyway less than an hour into drifting..Dude lands a beautiful chromer. The fight was Epic with Fishtopher never giving in and staying on top of her the whole time. It was so beautiful. About 10-15 minutes later Fish pulls an amazing 10-12 pound Steel out that dropped me to my kneees...Soooo Fresh and chrome. Amazing catch all around. Hats of to you sir. Then he tells me it was his first steel keeper in his life !! It was quite beautiful. As for me I pretty much skunked it except for a smolt that hit my hook and came off as soon as I got him to the top of the water. Fishtopher took off @ around 10am lol with his prize and I spent the rest of the beautiful Sunny Day with Ninja soaking it all in. I learned to cast my baitcasting reel without getting Birds nest thx to Ninja. I can't thank him enuf for taking the time to show me the basics. I may be going out on a boat tomorrow with Larry the Guide in Washington so We'll see if I have a good story for you. Take care.

C
chodathug
PDXKush said:
Check it out. Beautiful Day on the Clack today. Started early @ Riverside park @ The Blair witch hole with Fishtopher...Anyway less than an hour into drifting..Dude lands a beautiful chromer. The fight was Epic with Fishtopher never giving in and staying on top of her the whole time. It was so beautiful. About 10-15 minutes later Fish pulls an amazing 10-12 pound Steel out that dropped me to my kneees...Soooo Fresh and chrome. Amazing catch all around. Hats of to you sir. Then he tells me it was his first steel keeper in his life !! It was quite beautiful. As for me I pretty much skunked it except for a smolt that hit my hook and came off as soon as I got him to the top of the water. Fishtopher took off @ around 10am lol with his prize and I spent the rest of the beautiful Sunny Day with Ninja soaking it all in. I learned to cast my baitcasting reel without getting Birds nest thx to Ninja. I can't thank him enuf for taking the time to show me the basics. I may be going out on a boat tomorrow with Larry the Guide in Washington so We'll see if I have a good story for you. Take care.

Yo Kush,
Still tryin to figure out which part of the river these steelies are suppose to be...is the spot closer to where you were fishing Sunday? (that fast riffle?) Or was it by the eddy past the logpile where I was? Thx bro

P
PDXKush
You were in the perfect spot when I got there. I went too high up.

C
chodathug
Cool thx dog!