R.I.P dad I'll make sure to catch one for u

F
fishinglady
Very sorry for your loss... :( GOD BLESS ..!!!!!

F
Fishydog
Tom, I am sorry you have to go through this at your age, you're too young to have lost your father. I felt the same way when my Mom died, we were very close and she was the one who would tell me when I was screwing up :D You feel like there are so many more questions you still need them to answer. But you and your father have a bond and his answers are already inside you, you just have to think of him and the knowledge he taught you.
I have been through the grief process 3 times and if you honestly need to talk, or just fish, I am available anytime. I have another boat and if you want to just catch some silly trout until the rivers clear we can do that. I am going to bring you something, I will PM you. Take care of yourself and your family, remember and talk about the good times, the pain will fade as the years go by.

Doug

F
Fishtopher
Keep your head up buddy. Pops is in a better place now.

B
bigsteel
Tom if you need someone to fish with or just talk give me a ring.......ive got somethin for ya as well

F
Finneus Polebender
youngbuck307 said:
anyone know of a river not to blown to fish lol... want to hit the water so bad but brown water isn't the funnest thing to fish... I miss him a lot the one person i went to with my questions.... kinda feel lost

Extremly sorry to hear of your loss , I am sure that you have always and will continue to make him proud . Us poor bass guys though beaten by the cold still have a few options for not easily seduced lethargic LM in water you can still see through. Will be out later today PM if interested . Once again you are both in our thoughts and prayers hang in there bud. The Polebender Family.

J
Johnny Southpaw
YoungBuck,

I am sorry that your father has moved on-and is no longer here in flesh and blood to answer your questions and support you. The loss of a loved one is never easy, and the grief we feel is normal and good-one must go through the process of grieving to acceptance. It's a *****, but it is part of living. I admire the courage you've displayed in reaching out to your OFF family and expressing your hurt and pain-that is not easy either. I do know from experience that getting your feelings out, be it to a best friend or perfect stranger, is the only way to fully heal from your loss.

There is an old Dr. Suess adage regarding losing a loved one that I hold deeply in my heart: Try not to be sad because your father's life is over, rather, smile because it happened and you were a part of it. These words may not help much right now, so soon after your loss, but eventually they can work wonders. Remember all the good times you had with Pops, remember all the things he taught you, remember turning him on to 'his fish', and trust that he is still with you in your heart and in a better place. His spirit will live on in the hearts of those he touched, and in that way he is still with you YoungBuck.

Right now is a good time for you to be close to your family, to get out and enjoy whatever it is you enjoy. Hug your daughter and others whom you love. Continue to reach out to your OFF family and all those close to you. The pain and grief you are feeling and will feel for a while are normal-accept these feelings and try/learn to deal with them by expressing them and not stuffing them away deep in your heart. Know that your father will always be with you, and that he will be watching over you and IS proud of you and who you are and your accomplishments past and yet to come. Eventually, try to let the tears of loss turn into smiles of the memories you two created, and will always have in your heart.

Hang in there YoungBuck.
Patrick

F
FishFinger
YB, my condolences. Be strong and keep your promise; to make him proud!

Y
youngbuck307
Thank u everyone for everything. I would love to take some of u up on offers but can't afford miss anymore work so Monday I'll be going back. And until then just staying close to family.. Don't know what to say to my 4 year old.

F
Finneus Polebender
youngbuck307 said:
Thank u everyone for everything. I would love to take some of u up on offers but can't afford miss anymore work so Monday I'll be going back. And until then just staying close to family.. Don't know what to say to my 4 year old.

In time you will say what your father has told you ,and your 4 yr old wil cary on the legacy, when god closes doors he always opens windows! Hang in there !

F
fisch
So sorry for your loss. Hang in there. Fishing will help a lot to get over this.

B
bigdog
youngbuck307 said:
There is nothing easy about it but the best thing is to be honest with her and make sure she knows that gandpa is still watching over here. I'm not going to lie and say it will be easy, at that age they really don't understand what it means when someone passes away. Even after telling her what has happen there are still going to be times when she wants to know why she can't see grandpa and that is a hard thing to go through. Just know if you need anything at all bro I'm here for you, you are family to me and you know that.
Your brother
CJ

F
FishKiller23
youngbuck307 said:
I'm so lost right now don't really know what to say or do but I just want to talk a lil get some stuff off my chest. Wed am around 4:30 my dad took his last breath. They did CPR the whole way to the hospital but nothing changed and his hart had stopped. They had a lil machine that looked at his heart. Showed us it wasn't beating and asked if we thought they should stop or keep going with CPR me and my step mom made the call that it was time and to call it.

You put the fishing bug in me and I was so happy I got to get you your fish befor this. I promiss you that I'll do my best to make you proude.

Hey Tom,

Sorry to hear about your dad. I hope your doing alright man. Hope you catch a big one.

Alex

M
Mike123
Hang in there man... sorry to hear.. :(

T
tnffishman
So sorry for your loss youngbuck, get out on the water and hook into a big one