Picture heavy!!

R
rippin fish lips
So this year... I have been going on a Cuttie spree!! I just cannot get enough of these lil guys, they fight hard and put so much heart into their fights!!

This would be my biggest of the season so far, Yes it was a bleader... but he was not bleading heavily and swam off like nothing even happened to him. This fish was caught on the Hayden to Armitage stretch, It was my first time ever floating/fishing it. The water was high and fast... but me and my buddy bill managed a handful of these guys. Morning bite:

cuttie6.jpg

After that trip i just had to get a little more action in on these beautiful creatures. So i set off to what i call... My (backyard) hole. I would call it a secret. This lil dude was on fire! A nice healthy lookin cuttie, that put up one hell of a fight! Afternoon bite:

cuttie3.jpg

Now i am not sure when i got this one... but all these fish were caught in a 4 week period of time. I just took pictures of the best fighters and prettiest little guys. Each fishing outing i caught 5-15 cutties. I will name the hole that i got this one out of the (hospital hole). Morning bite:

cuttie2.jpg

And now... I will take you guys/gals back to my "backyard" hole. This hole never lets me down. It is definetly a "high-water" hole. This one... was another great fighter, made 1 jump and he just couldn't stop after that, i lost count of all his jumps. Actually i lied... this would be a willy cut. Morning bite:

cuttie4.jpg

To the "backyard" hole. I know there is bigger lunkers in there for me. So far i fish it hard 1 week, and let it sit for 2 weeks, go back the 3rd and the fish get bigger every trip there. Point is... (don't out fish your trout holes) Give them a break once in a while. Afternoon bite:

cuttecleo.jpg

---All my fish were caught and let go UNHARMED, with an occasional bleader... but i Rarely have bleaders anymore cuz i pinched all my barbs for these guys.----

I only c&r for trout, even if it's a stocker. I did pic up a couple nate bows here and there, but only snapped a pic of 1 and that is to come later on tonight!

Last edited:
R
rippin fish lips
And here is a creature that i found on my way back from a fishing trip, along with some work that Mother nature did up at Blue River.

Gardiner snake just chillaxin.

Chillinsnake.jpg

Mother nature at Blue River. This is incredible.

Mothernaturedidwork.jpg

And so now... the last pic on this thread until later tonight where i will bring more fish pics! The last time our state got blanketed with wet heavy snow... me and 2 friends decided it would be fun to hike Spencers butte in the snow (never done it before) So we did it, there was 2 feet of snow at the top. It was one of my best choices i have ever made!

Spencersbuttesnow2012.jpg

And now... u guys have to wait till later to see the other fish pics :p I also have a sky diving trip this month that i am really looking forward to. It will be my first time :)

R
rippin fish lips
So you guys/gals got lucky! I just got the pics in my email so here it goes....

Here is a nate bow that i got off the willy on opening weekend, no bait was fished, just spoons along undercut banks. These two... came as a pair. Same one as above...

Nate bow

Natebowoffthewilly.jpg

cuttie4.jpg

And here is 1 more cuttie from the hospital hole

cuttefat.jpg

And 1 last one... This one was from the winter ofcourse. I went out for winter steelheading 4 times and got the skunking cuz i was underated most likely. Each trip i managed to bank one of these guys tho. This would be my 1rst sea run ever.

searun.jpg

Last edited:
R
rippin fish lips
Havent made a real good report in a long time, so this will be the starter to my 2012 reportS!

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish!!

O
OnTheFly
Nice report! Nice fish! Nice 'Garter' snake.

J
JeannaJigs
Was a good report until a certain reptile. Death to them all!!

E
eugene1
Looks like you got trout fishing figured out pretty well!

The pics don't open when I click on them, not sure if you wanted to keep them small or not.

Good work,

D
dtikey
good job tanner glad your getting some action and having fun

F
Finneus Polebender
Great fish/pics!