Oxbow question

T

troutmasta

I was wondering how accessible Oxbow park is. Last year I fished Cedar Creek for Coho. However tommorrow my girlfriend wants to come and I dont think she could handle crossing the sandy at 5:00 am. Is Oxbow just as treacherous? Also I have no eggs (yet)
What color corkies and yarn do the Coho love. Thank you for the help TM-

B

bigdog

Not sure about the yarn color part but Oxbow is very accessible it is a family park area. Nothing like cedar.

J

JAYDEE

I was at cedar creek yesterday and most people were using chartruse and green corkies. Since the water is still off colored.

T

troutmasta

YOU GUYS ROCK!! I effin love this forum!!! Thanks everyone. Wish me luck. Oxbow is a go for the lady. And Ill sart with green corkies! Thanks -TM-

G

GMR

YOU GUYS ROCK!! I effin love this forum!!! Thanks everyone. Wish me luck. Oxbow is a go for the lady. And Ill sart with green corkies! Thanks -TM-

Remember not to be at Oxbow at 5am.. cause youll sit an hour plus at a locked gate.

J

JAYDEE

I will be there at oxbow also tomorrow. Maybe I will get to meet you. Good luck and tight lines.

J

jeffcycles

If you really want to catch fish on the Sandy, the you need to fish pink.

G

GMR

Water has been good for over a week..

I sorda disagree.
I was there the other day and it was REALLY murky.
Couldnt see your lure more than a couple of inches.
I was hoping to see if that had improved.

E

eggs

That's as good as you are going to get on the sandy until it gets a lot colder..

G

GMR

That's as good as you are going to get on the sandy until it gets a lot colder..

K it just seamed worse than when I was out there last week.
I dont know the Sandy all that well. but it seamed that most of the people there said it was worse than usual.
Figured ide just check.
Thanks

E

eggs

Last week it was alittle worse then usual due to the rain.. but is in shape as it can be for this time of the years..

F

fisch

It's bad now because it is clear. I was good when vis is a foot or less. Fish are in there and you trigger a reaction strike when they see a spinner infront of their nose. They have no time to think about it or examine your lure. They just hammer it! Trust me I had 6 fish on in 2 hours when the water was like 8-12" vis - 2 weeks ago. Last year I limited 3 times in less then 2 hours fishing water that had almost no vis. All spinners. Fun times.