OFF "Fish for Life" - fun event!!!

troutdude
troutdude
Dear fellow OFF'ers,

I just thought that you might like to read about our fun event yesterday. It was all about fun on the water and raising donations for the Children's Miracle Network.

About 6;00 I arrived at the Santiam rest area on I-5. I met up w/ about 18 fellow OFF members there. I wound up going up the North Fork canyon (and to Stayton) w/ LilSalmon, BigSteel, Eggs (his wife), CohoSanders, Ninja, Thuggin4life, and Windburnt. [hope that I didn't miss anyone]

And withing 5 minutes of getting up to the dam, Coho had bagged n' tagged a steelie too. NICE ONE!

Plus, we bumped into member SpecialEd while we were there (below the Big Cliff dam). Ed had a steelie before we arrived. You can view his post, for more details.

Our group also spent water time, at Stayton too. Many of us got crispy fried from the sun. But, we drank gallons of Gatorade and other "favorite drinks". LOL

JeannaJigs, Kodiak's brother, Autofisher and one or two others went up the South Fork to fish. Jeanna got REALLY fried wile in a boat all day long. [Sure hope that you are feeling better today Jeanna!]

Then we all rendezvoused back at the rest area, for a BBQ, many shared stories and some great chuckles, and a prize raffle.

It was a really fun day, getting to meet everyone! Thanks to Autofisher, Raincatcher and all OFF'ers who organized the event.

The only thing that would make it better, would be to see 100 OFF'ers come out and join us!!!

A
autofisher
Thank you for coming out and helping to support us and our cause. It was great to finally meet you and put a face to the name. I'm still stuffed from the food. Next time though, I think we'll have the grill ready to go well before the group returns. I'll let you guys know when we decide on the "when's, where's and what's" for the next event. I really appreciate everyone's help and support. Hopefully, we'll be able to get more and more people out there.

L
lilsalmon
It was a great day.....I am glad circumstances allowed you to make it to this one. Imagine if 100 did show up....that would be awesome.

O
OnTheFly
Glad to hear ya'll had a good time with fish caught too! Wish I was there but I was on a week long camping event of my own. Anyhoot, hope to be there on the next one.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
I had a great time and will always love meeting new fisher folk. In time I hope to meet each member. Way to go everyone!!

C
Cohosanders
Good times and great company is all I can say. What an amazing day(Not a cloud in the sky). The only thing I regret is having to leave early,miss the BBQ and the "after the catch" conversations. Next time I will stay from begining to end. It felt good to give to a good cause and BE a part of something that gets me out of SELF. Selfless acts while fishing, shooting the breeze, and enjoying the wonderfull waters of Oregon.Thanks again to everyone(you know who you are) for making this event HAPPEN!

B
bigdog
I'm kicking myself for not being able to make it. Next one I will not be going out on the trails the day before the event that is for sure.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
bigdog said:
I'm kicking myself for not being able to make it. Next one I will not be going out on the trails the day before the event that is for sure.

Yep,you and your support were missed for sure. Next time you get the foolish idea of hiking before a committed event...let me do the kicking...lol!

B
bigdog
Raincatcher said:
Yep,you and your support were missed for sure. Next time you get the foolish idea of hiking before a committed event...let me do the kicking...lol!

I knowI know dam it lol But hey the pluss side is the freezer is full of nooks lol. You know that last thing I want to ever have happen again is me missing these events seeings how I'm one of the three that puts them together lol. You have my word OFF Mom I will not liss another one.

J
JeannaJigs
Was a good day despite getting sick. And hey I got a nook lol.

I'm feeling better today aside from some stiffness.

Next time I'll try hard to not be crippled

troutdude
troutdude
Glad to hear that you are feeling better today.

Hope your burn doesn't hurt too much; and glad that you also caught a fish for your efforts.