Jeanna the fish slayer!

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah I was bummed about the steelhead, but it was so badass. I'm all watching my float and I see this massive flash and it just comes out of nowhere and nails my bait, and took off. Crystal clear water, could see everything. For a moment I thought it might've been a salmon because it was pretty damned good sized and was fighting pretty good, but it was just a big ol' steely! Very beautiful fish, I'm just stoked to have seen the take like that and to have had the oppurtunity to come into contact with such an amazing fish. Yeah...woulda been rad to murder it, buttttt...I felt pretty accomplished because it was maybe the third or fourth cast in that hole, and the guys that were fishing there before us worked it hard for probably 30 minutes with nada :D

T
Throbbit _Shane
Here's the video! Couldnt find my camera until after the first fish was netted, So that's why the first clip is in there. And to also show the other boat that was anchored right below us. They didn't have much luck, and got to watch Jeanna put on a clinic!

O
OnTheFly
When I grow up I want to be just like Shane and Jeanna.

J
JeannaJigs
Bahaha! Thanks for the video shane! It wouldn't let me watch it on Facebook but it works on here, go figure.

F
Finneus Polebender
Way to slay em Jeanna , Hope you guys were payin attention while she out fished ya lol , I know nuthin when it comes to the river monsters always a stroke of luck when I manage a salmon or steelhead !

P
plumb2fish
Good to see that rod hasn't lost any mojo, that cheapo im-7 has caught a lot of salmon.........way to go Jeanna

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
plumb2fish said:
Good to see that rod hasn't lost any mojo, that cheapo im-7 has caught a lot of salmon.........way to go Jeanna

That rod has excellent mojo, sans the day before lol. Made up for it. I'll get that back to ya shortly, can't thank you enough for lending me rods after mine were all jacked.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Me and Ted both got bites on the rod too. But we arnt up to par with bobber fishing yet. Maybe next time!

J
JeannaJigs
Lol gotta be quick with the hook set. I tried to help lol

P
plumb2fish
JeannaJigs said:
That rod has excellent mojo, sans the day before lol. Made up for it. I'll get that back to ya shortly, can't thank you enough for lending me rods after mine were all jacked.

As I told you, If it weren't for fishing, I'd be homicidal....I had to help, it was my duty...LOL

D
DYJ
Is there a way to get on some kind of waiting list for borrowing that rod? :D

J
JeannaJigs
plumb2fish said:
As I told you, If it weren't for fishing, I'd be homicidal....I had to help, it was my duty...LOL

You definitely saved some lives LOL

J
JeannaJigs
Tried for a repeat today..sigh, lost three springers. Only know of two springers, and four steelhead landed in boats today. Slow. Good day though, didn't think it was going to be as I hydroplaned on the way up there, and then as I'm sliding the boat down, lightning lights up the sky. hehe, let's sit in a boat with a ton of rainwater in the bottom, while holding graphite lightning rods, I mean fishing rods. Sometimes, I question my sanity, but where's the fun in that. Still had a good day, any day floating is a good day. Last time my boat will be floating for a while, pulled her off the trailer and will be working on her about a month doing some fabrication/modifications, maintenance repairs, and finishing it all with new paint, you won't recognize it next time ;)