Fishing, not catching

troutdude
troutdude
Yesterday was a great day, to be out and about.

At 6:00, I met fellow OFFer MahMichael and headed up to a private reservoir. We arrived about 7:00, and proceeded to bank it for cutties. I also tried for some smallies, at one spot with no luck. We moved up the bank a bit. Some fellows there, had been catching an occasional native (yes, native) cutty. We still struck out.

It was overcast, a little foggy and about 58 degrees upon our morning arrival. But, the sun had begun to poke out by 2:00 when we left. We had seen a tube and a toon, who had been catching the most fish. It turned out to be OFFer Brandon4455, and his buddy Sam. I think that the last time I saw Brandon, was in November of 2010...at the same lake! They did well, flippin dry flies.

Anyway, it was still a fun day. And fishing w/ Michael is a hoot. Thanks for the company my friend. We'll have to try it again. And the cutty that we did get see, was a sheer native beauty!

It was 68 degrees when we departed. And 72 by the time we reached Corvallis. What a GREAT November day!

Here's a few pics:

Mercer Res November 4 2012 005.jpg

Mercer Res November 4 2012 006.jpg

Mike's big catch o' the day!

Mercer Res November 4 2012 011.jpg

Mercer Res November 4 2012 018.jpg

Time for a bath, for always dependable Enterprise:

Mercer Res November 4 2012 021.jpg

Last edited:
W
waco
Who did you see in the float tube?? Who?

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Won't say where you were, but while you were there, was anyone getting into those juvenile Coho that were such a problem last year? If not, I might give it a shot this coming Saturday. ( Never tried it from a boat )

troutdude
troutdude
Well, Brandon was in a tube. I'm not sure about anyone else. Waco, were you there too?

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Tried to PM you earlier and got a message back saying your box was full.

troutdude
troutdude
I've cleared it out, so can PM me now.

M
mahmichael
Thanks Jay for the report. It was another nice day. I enjoyed your company a lot.
I may go there again this coming week!

Last edited: