Jeanna the fish slayer!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Apparently the forum isn't letting Jeanna make a new thread, she wrote it all out and it said she doesn't have permission to make one. So Ill do a report thread for her.

My day started out at 2am with the alarm waking me up after about 4-5 hours sleep. Made a quick stop at Winco for snacks and drinks and got yelled at for walking in a area where a guy was cleaning the floor, but i needed some cold tea. Met up with Ted and I followed him up to the boat ramp, i'm still new to the area. We all met up at the Greenwood boat ramp then headed up to the Leaburg dam. The water was super low and even back rowing to the other side of the river resulted in lots of rocks being hit. But it sounded like most boats were hitting bottom too. On to the good parts. Jeanna tagged 2 Springers and had a really sweet steelhead come unbuttoned after about 45 second fight, I got video of that fish and the 2nd springer. Ill edit up the video tomorrow when im well rested. I only caught a hatchery trout, it hit a plug in the last hole we fished, and Ted got skunked! Thanks for the boat ride Jeanna!!!

Fish # 1
100_0248.jpg
Fish # 1 and 2
100_0251.jpg
My little trout lol
100_0257.jpg
Steelhead video stills. This is right before it spits the hook out.
7-12-2012_013.jpg7-12-2012_014.jpg7-12-2012_015.jpg7-12-2012_019.jpg7-12-2012_020.jpg

Tight Lines!

T
Toyracer38
Nice work Jeanna!

C
cobias
Right on !!!!

Last edited:
B
BobbiDollPDX
So jealous! Nice fish Jeanna.

hobster
hobster
Awesome fish! Way to go Jeanna. I saw you guys net one of those today, i was on the bank in the closest hole to your boat. Got there at around 5 and there were only 2 people on the river! Last time i was there was july 3rd and the parking lot was full at that time, it was nice to see it less crowded. I was 1 for 2 and got outa there by 9 to get to work, was stoked to tag my 3rd summer. Looks like you had a great day too, great job.

O
OnTheFly
L yeah! F'n sweet!

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
very sweet!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great job out there you guys! Keep it up!

S
steelhead_slayer
awesome fish. nice work jeanna

J
JeannaJigs
Thanks for posting that, not sure why it wouldn't let me.

Thanks guys :) it was redemption for the 3 fish I lost the day before. Redemption felt good! Of course now it just burns because my hands are all cut up and I have to use hand sanitizer about a hundred times a day. I'll take it though.

Reactions: cowboysfan
A
alm21
Have some!!! Nice work out there.

C
cowboysfan
nice job Jeanna! revenge is sweet, that poor trout had a mouth full!

J
jabs67
Sweet!!!! :clap::clap::clap::cool:

B
bigsteel
nice work out there,way to slay em !!!!!!!!!!

J
JeannaJigs
Thanks guys! Those trout get greedy with plugs, I caught one on the santiam the day before with a larger plug and I have no idea what that little fish was thinking when it tried to swallow it.

D
dtikey
good job guys and Jeanna redemption always feels good way to go

D
DYJ
way to kill em!

T
TTFishon
Thanks for rubbing it in Shane! lol It was an awesome day on the water! I had a great time and once again thanks Jeanna for the drift!

J
JeannaJigs
Thanks guys.

Hahaha thanks for being the net guy Ted. You done good. Lol.

On a side note, as far as fish being line shy in low clear water...HA you kids can keep buying your expensive fluoro. All these fish (steely included) came on 30# leader below a 3 oz float. (I realized way too late at night that all I had was 30 d'oh!). And that water is as clear as it gets. So....ya know. ;)

Was a fun float for sure despite the bumps, but I don't feel bad because the guide boats behind me had the same bumpy ride, still feel like a retard when your scraping bottom in front of the bankie zoo though.

I will say its pretty sweet gettin into three fish on my own recipe, when not a lot of fish are being caught. Saw three other salmon landed from boats and two steelhead from the bank.

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane