Need advice - fish finder on a DB

S
ShutUpandPhish!
Hey All-

I recently bought a fish finder that requires installation of a transducer. I have a 17' North River DB and was wondering where is the best place to install?
Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

T
Tacomasteelheader
Well the best place to install them on any boat in my opinion is on the bottom of an electric trolling motor but with a DB you might not have that luxury. You could just put a piece of metal off the side or the back and mount it to that so it doesn't scrap bottom?

Interesting to see what ppl have to say about this

E
eugene1
As I recall, my buddy mounted the transducer on a piece of 1x4 board, then used a c clamp to attach it off the transom. He has a willie drifter. Worked fine, I did the same on my old non-db too. Just keep the c clamp away from your anchor line. If you want to make it more permanent and less snaggy on your anchor rope, you could attach the board to the boat with bolts (above the waterline), but then you're drilling through the boat and that may or may not be your style.

Best,

J
JeannaJigs
I've heard of people mounting them INSIDE the bottom of their boats, but I believe that only works with fiberglass as far as shooting through the material and getting an accurate reading, and I'm assuming yours is aluminum. I'd be leary about putting anything on the transom of my boat with the anchor line chillin' back there. That said...if you're using it for lake purposes, you're probably not anchoring much and are probably fine with it off the transom. I used a piece of aluminum about 1/8" thick, 2 inches wide, 24 inches long and a c-clamp on my old lake boat.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I have a transducer with a suction cup on it. It's nice because I can put that little sucker any where. It only takes a second to put on or take off.