Beginner spots for fly fishing near Hillsboro

J
jwolbaum
Hey everyone! I just picked up fly fishing, and I am already super in love with it. I live in Hillsboro and am looking to go out an try it soon on the river. I've been using a 3wt rod and would love to get out soon. Are there any rivers or streams you recommend for beginners on a 3wt near the Hillsboro area? I am just looking to get into it and try to get better. Thank you!

troutdude
troutdude
It would be wise to scan through the reg book. Because 95% of the streams are closed, for trout fishing, until May 22nd. But if you look through the book...you'll find a stream or 2 that are open. I don't know which ones OFF hand...but maybe someone else will chime in.

Reactions: jwolbaum
D
Davpot
troutdude said:
It would be wise to scan through the reg book. Because 95% of the streams are closed, for trout fishing, until May 22nd. But if you look through the book...you'll find a stream or 2 that are open. I don't know which ones OFF hand...but maybe someone else will chime in.

Reactions: jwolbaum
D
Davpot
Welcome Troutdude! Last I looked Gales Creek was catch and release all-year, but check the regs on that!
Id recommend a trip to Vernonia pond. Lots of willing trout. And steelhead, bass, etc. Also I believe Wash. Co. Flyfishers has a meeting in Beaverton this Wed! Nice group!
see Web for particulars! And Good Luck!

Reactions: amphibole and jwolbaum
troutdude
troutdude
Don't know why you're welcoming me. I'm not a newbie. I also didn't ask those questions. But hopefully @jwolbaum will see your suggestions.

D
Davpot
troutdude said:
Don't know why you're welcoming me. I'm not a newbie. I also didn't ask those questions. But hopefully @jwolbaum will see your suggestions.
Sorry Troutdude! My perceptions get worse as I get ON! No harm or Insult meant!
Davpot

Reactions: Chromatose
troutdude
troutdude
Davpot said:
Sorry Troutdude! My perceptions get worse as I get ON! No harm or Insult meant!
Davpot
No worries. I wasn't upset in the slightest. Just thought it was odd. And I hear ya...about "getting on". I did some bank fishing last Saturday, for about 3 1/2 hours. Then had to take heavy medicine doses all of the way through Monday night, to stave OFF the pain. DOH!

D
Davpot
troutdude said:
No worries. I wasn't upset in the slightest. Just thought it was odd. And I hear ya...about "getting on". I did some bank fishing last Saturday, for about 3 1/2 hours. Then had to take heavy medicine doses all of the way through Monday night, to stave OFF the pain. DOH!
Thanks for that funny Troutdude!
I thot Id crawl into Hebo yesterday inly to find All had the same Idea!
But a nice drive, so a NiceDay!
Davpot