Looking for drifting buddies

J
JonT
So I have a wood drift boat, but I'm pretty new to Hood River and am willing to fish with anyone any time. I need some drifting help (as I've never drifted alone). And you want to get out on a river, so hit me up. peace

O
OnTheDrop
If you are willing to travel into the Valley I will ride with you and show you some tips.

J
JonT
Cool, where?

O
OnTheDrop
Anywhere from the Sandy/Clack, the coast, and down towards the Eugene area. I've floated most of the rivers. A good start might be the Clackamas as it's an easy and comfortable float unless you go to the upper stretch.

Are you a steelhead fisherman?

P
pez75
I have never caught any steelhead and would love to get into some if yourwilling to take a newbie.

J
JonT
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Anywhere from the Sandy/Clack, the coast, and down towards the Eugene area. I've floated most of the rivers. A good start might be the Clackamas as it's an easy and comfortable float unless you go to the upper stretch.

Are you a steelhead fisherman?

The Clackamas sounds like a good start, according to many...

Am I a steelhead fisherman... Well, I lived in Pensacola, FL for 27 years and guided light-heavy fly fishing there for 7 years. Then my life took me briefly to NW Arkansas, where I learned the ins and outs of trout, to an extent. Then I spent 5 years in Austin, TX throwing big frog and shad patterns at black bass. My fianceè, who I met in Austin, is a Duck and has family in Oregon (Newport) and fellow Duck friends in Hood River. We visited last spring, and decided this is the place for us. The universe has sort of been in agreement, it seems. I've landed cobia over 60 lbs. with a 10 wt. in Florida and smoker king mackerel from the beach, but have yet to get into two-handed rods. Soon.

I arrived on February 1. I've been researching steelhead a lot. I haven't been fishing much, and I haven't caught one yet, but I am on the path to becoming a steelhead fisherman, you could say.

J
JonT
pez75 said:
I have never caught any steelhead and would love to get into some if yourwilling to take a newbie.

Totally. PM me so I have your info.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Jon! see your PMs. Tony

O
OnTheDrop
JonT said:
The Clackamas sounds like a good start, according to many...

Am I a steelhead fisherman... Well, I lived in Pensacola, FL for 27 years and guided light-heavy fly fishing there for 7 years. Then my life took me briefly to NW Arkansas, where I learned the ins and outs of trout, to an extent. Then I spent 5 years in Austin, TX throwing big frog and shad patterns at black bass. My fianceè, who I met in Austin, is a Duck and has family in Oregon (Newport) and fellow Duck friends in Hood River. We visited last spring, and decided this is the place for us. The universe has sort of been in agreement, it seems. I've landed cobia over 60 lbs. with a 10 wt. in Florida and smoker king mackerel from the beach, but have yet to get into two-handed rods. Soon.

I arrived on February 1. I've been researching steelhead a lot. I haven't been fishing much, and I haven't caught one yet, but I am on the path to becoming a steelhead fisherman, you could say.

Sounds good. I'm out floating the rivers atleast once or twice a week and know a thing or two. I wouldn't mind showing you some basic knowledge about your DB in the river and hopefully get you hooked up with a steelhead to top it off..

Shoot me a pm sometime and we will make it happen.

Cheers,

Aervax
Aervax
Jon. I live just east of Hood River. Heads up that the Steelhead in the Hood River are peaking right now. It is not the right place for a drift boat, but bank fishing with traditional tackle is the way to go. Personally, I am new to the area, too. I am just getting to know the Hood, and am also a newbie to Steel. Hit me up with a private message to go fishing. If I can get away from work to do it, I am always game. Cheers. Eric

B
bagold53
Would love to join you but live on the otherside of Portland. I am willing to travel but dont have much experience, only been on a drift boat once, great experience and got my first Salmon that trip. If you ever come out this way and have an extra seat let me know, I am always looking to make new friends.
Enjoy