Ideal spots on the Mac

Z
ztubs
im in search of places im allowed to drive threw on the mac, not being from Oregon im not comfortable stepping all over the land to get to where I would like to fish. So far ive found places like amitage\spraug but the end of that dirt road that leads to the bank, kinda seems like its owned by who ever lives at that house down there so I just flipped a b and jetted. (found a back way into the park tho)

L
Lowell Life Fisherman
just really depends on what kind of fishing you are looking to do? salmon/steelhead? or trout on a fly?

G
gobeavers08
Do people fish armitage from the bank for steel head with succes

Z
ztubs
Trout in general, mainly just looking for not so public bank access. Not asking for close hidden holes or anything, but just where its alright to go, and park. Im spin fishing for trout, natives to be precise. Im looking for the right place that has opportunity, with the right setup. More places like the end of Armitage road.

D
dtikey
You can go up deer horn and there is pleanty of oppurtunites through there where you could be the only one on the bank

J
JonBouy
what about for salmon/steelhead on the mac?

R
rippin fish lips
dtikey said:
You can go up deer horn and there is pleanty of oppurtunites through there where you could be the only one on the bank

Yup! Deer horn road would be your best bet! 8 Miles of country road, with plenty of pull OFFs and water to fish. There is no lack of fish in that section. You also have DEER Horn boat ramp.. but is public but has some awesome holes if you want to wade.

HAs good native action, decent planter action =/ And i am still working on my steel from this ramp.

Deer horn road is a good one, just stop at any piull off, if it looks fishy fish it!

R
rippin fish lips
JonBouy said:
what about for salmon/steelhead on the mac?

Deer horn road has some of the best salmon/steelhead water here in the NW. Although the fish may be slackin this year, there is some 20 plus pounders out there for everyone!

D
DYJ
before I got my boat I fished along deer horn a lot... if I don't start catching more fish in the boat I am gonna be goin back there :lol:

Z
ztubs
DYJ said:
before I got my boat I fished along deer horn a lot... if I don't start catching more fish in the boat I am gonna be goin back there :lol:

If you ever need a soul, that has a good instinct for fishes. I could use a seat, its crazy frustrating not to have a boat after growing up with them. Even more so since were discussing the mac, trout allday!