Group buy of spinner blades or bodies?

C

CoastieFlo

Florence mainly...but wherever the fish are too!
Just wondering if anyone was interested in a group buy kinda thing of a large amount of spinner blades or bodies or even hooks......? Thinking of buying some from one of the lure part mfg (Lakeland of Hagens) and if we got a bunch of people together it would sure lower part/per cost for everyone involved.....any ideas??? :think:

M

Modest_Man

Depends on the cost and the size, but I'll say I'm interested. Mostly going for size 4 for steelhead/salmon. Don't need much else.

M

meluvtrout

Why don't you just order from R&B lures or BC Angling? If you order a large quantity, I'm sure they'll give you a discount too...

A

Armando Garcia

I have had my eyes on some things in the Hagens catalog mostly inline spinner building stuff blades, bodys, and what not. P.M. me what you had in mind.

C

crawdad1234

I have a lot of stuff for sale. Hagens is pretty good but I also can do a lot better on hook pricing if you would like to save some money. I am setting up my website. Here is a link:
store02.prostores.com/crawdadsfishingtackle
My hooks are not listed yet, since I am still working on the site. But let me know what size and brand and I can get it for ya.

My website url is Crawdads Fishing Tackle Home Page but for some reason it is not working properly right now. Hoping that it will work within the next 24 -48 hours. I also have lure bodies and jigs that I make. Thanks again!!

M

Modest_Man

I have a lot of stuff for sale. Hagens is pretty good but I also can do a lot better on hook pricing if you would like to save some money. I am setting up my website. Here is a link:
store02.prostores.com/crawdadsfishingtackle
My hooks are not listed yet, since I am still working on the site. But let me know what size and brand and I can get it for ya.

My website url is Crawdads Fishing Tackle Home Page but for some reason it is not working properly right now. Hoping that it will work within the next 24 -48 hours. I also have lure bodies and jigs that I make. Thanks again!!

Ha, I reconized your name off of eBay. I sent you a message a week or two ago about the lure bodies being brass or lead. Small world.

C

crawdad1234

Yes it is a small world!!! I do remember you very well!! It seems that I sell most of my stuff here in Oregon!! Mostly jigs for salmon!! So I joined this nice family group here!! I lived in Washington awhile back. I love it out there!! I also had friends that lived in Eugene. I only wish I was able to do some fishing!! It sure is beautiful country!! I will get back there someday, hopfully sooner than later!!

M

Modest_Man

So...anything come of this? I could use some more blades and bodies.

A

Armando Garcia

So...anything come of this? I could use some more blades and bodies.

Let me know what you were thinking as far as color of blades and which bodies, I am serious about buying some parts.

M

Modest_Man

Size 4 or 5 bodies weighing between 9/32 and 3/8 in brass work. Torpedo or snowman or whatever. Then just plain brass size 4 or 5 blades, hopefully in .032 thickness. I can oxidize (definitely) or silver plate my own (hopefully, need to test my contraption out).

If I can't get anyone to go in on an order with I'll just bite the bullet and get 125 of each from Fisherman's Shack.

Last edited:
M

Modest_Man

Ok...my silver plating experiment was a success. I lost a few more spinners today fishing so I need to restock. If I don't hear anything in the next day or two I'm doing my own thing.

C

CoastieFlo

Florence mainly...but wherever the fish are too!
I might be interested in silver plating.....how hard is it to do?? Regular brass blades are about 1/2 the cost of silver plated even when you buy in bulk so plating your own might be the way to go if its economical financially and time-wise.

M

Modest_Man

The most expensive part was the solution ($30 shipped) I rigged up the rest with stuff from Goodwill for about $10.