Fly tying and patterns sharing thread

O
OnTheFly
Cool looking flies Jake. How's it been on the lower?

F
FlyBum
Hooked 2 above Macks last weekend!!

Sha-wing baby sha-wing!! I'm really going to get one on the dryfly this year too, swinging skaters!

What you been up2?

O
OnTheFly
That's cool! I'll hit the lower a couple times before it's over.

Just got off a backpacking trip with eggs. Rainbow and cutthroat action. Erin got an eighteen inch cutty. I can't say publicly where we hiked to.

F
FlyBum
Understandable, glad to hear you guys got some nice August fish!!

Fishing can be a bit tough this time of year! I haven't been fishing much we're moving our shop at work across town, and it's very taxing to fish after work :(

O
OnTheFly
Hey, you just gave me an idea for a new thread. You'll know it when you see it. Key word will be 'random'. Approach it with caution;)

Last edited:
F
FlyBum
The hott fly on the D for the swing!! Bucktail Coachman.

Last edited by a moderator:
O
OnTheFly
Nothing catches more fish than flies tied with peacock herl. Jake, what's the type head cement you use for those flies? I use the multi coat thin cement for my trout flies but those hard gloss stealhead fly heads must be thicker stuff.:think:

F
FlyBum
OnTheFly said:
Nothing catches more fish than flies tied with peacock herl. Jake, what's the type head cement you use for those flies? I use the multi coat thin cement for my trout flies but those hard gloss stealhead fly heads must be thicker stuff.:think:

I use Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Hardener. That first GBS came out a little goofy but have much improved after that. I used to use some Gloss Head Cement a few years ago but quit using cement all together for a while, then came back to it this year. :)

Hope this helps. Apply evenly in small amounts, in multiple coats over time, rotate if necessary in rotoray vice.

E
eggs
OnTheFly said:
That's cool! I'll hit the lower a couple times before it's over.

Just got off a backpacking trip with eggs. Rainbow and cutthroat action. Erin got an eighteen inch cutty. I can't say publicly where we hiked to.

This fish? 2012-08-11_14-17-39_881.jpg

F
FlyBum
Just a few I whipped out for a trip this last weekend, that never happened :(

Last edited by a moderator:
E
eggs
I had that one on the other weekend on very close version of that top fly.and watched several nailed on a side planer ans plugs

B
bigsteel
eggs said:
I had that one on the other weekend on very close version of that top fly.and watched several nailed on a side planer ans plugs

dont lie,you had a plug on your fly rod

E
eggs
Tis true! :(

E
eggs
2012-10-09_21-57-13_441.jpg

GatorBait... it looks more Orange and Blue in my hand!

H
halibuthitman
bigsteel said:
dont lie,you had a plug on your fly rod

ha!... his sissy little Korean rod can't handle a plug!

E
eggs
Yea but she so freaking flexible !

F
FlyBum
eggs said:
Yea but she so freaking flexible !

Oh Gumby stick!:yay:

B
bigsteel
:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

F