Fly tying and patterns sharing thread

In here we can show our tied patterns with maybe tips and tricks on how to tie. Basically it will be a section specific to tying for us.
The Help Me Minnow lol

Last edited:
Sweet looking bugs, still waiting on my vise and equipment.

Try tying up some Micro Jigs for Trout and Steelhead, small painted lead heads for Crappie would work I imagine, but you might find some specifically made for tying at Wholesale Sports. Nightmare pattern is a good year round pattern, Red/White/Black or Chartruese instead of White is a good looking combination as well.

That Buggy Ball would slay some Steelhead, I never thought of tying an egg style bug on a lead head, Corky and Yarn will be a thing of the past for me when I start tying lol.

Last edited:
nice work mr lindeman,heres a couple ive been working on a golden stimulator and a caddis poopah pattern i found off the internet,i cant get the caddis pic to load ill have to figure it out later.

Attachments

Last edited:
here are some more

here are some more

so i have been tying some more flies but of course i dont know what i am doing!!! any critic or tips guys??? do you think they will produce??:think: IMG_1606.jpg IMG_1596.jpg IMG_1588.jpg IMG_1579.jpg IMG_1572.jpg IMG_1608.jpg

nice work mr lindeman,heres a couple ive been working on a golden stimulator and a caddis poopah pattern i found off the internet,i cant get the caddis pic to load ill have to figure it out later.
Bigsteel, that pattern, is it a variation on the royal stimulator? It's really close, nicely done btw. That flys history is kinda funny. Randell Kaufamnn tweaked a pattern known as a "Sofa Pillow". We tied it as our goto dry salmon fly presentation; the sofa pillow that is. Randell added palmered hackle down the abdomen and above the thorax. I imagine it holds in the surface tension well. Just like that Kaufmann gets the credit for another innovation. Anyone of us could do the same, by revisiting old perennial patterns too........ Just saying.

You tie a mean looking fly!