Fly tying and patterns sharing thread

M
mrlindeman
brandon4455 said:
not a good pic but heres my first attempt at a wet fly for steelhead..had to work with materials i have on hand so nothing special but im sure it will fish for summers on the swing with a floating line

i call the it "special deilvery"
hackle is partridge,underwing is a very small amount of dark purple/black bucktail and the wing is pearl flashabou.

Dude that fly is awesome!!!!! Very good tie. I would swing that thing!

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks man..not the prettiest but im sure it will hunt, im getting some better steelhead hooks and materials eventually ill post what i come up with. It would have looked better if it was tied on a tmc 7999 with matching threadn but i have to improvise cause i dont have any summer steelhead stuff

Last edited:
F
FlyBum
Did you strip that fly I sent in the swap just to use the hook?? :lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
no this hook is wayyyyy Bigger. its a 1/0 all i had LOL

T
the_intimidator03
Well I thought I would post a couple from the fly tying class I am taking. first is a chironomid and the other two are mini leech patterns. Of the mini leeches the first is an olive/black chenille body with black marabou tail and clear bead. The 2nd is Red and black chenille with black marabou tail and red bead. The Chironomid ended up not being thought through so much and had silver bead with silver flashabou strands wrapped for a body and a little bit of some black dubbing for a thorax with silver wire ribbing.
Had to play mental mind games with the camera to allow decent shots and clarity. Hope they turn out decent

L
lilsalmon
very nice, Eric.....credits for fly tying...sweet

L
lilsalmon
hehe some more nice flies...

brandon4455
brandon4455
Some of this stuff i Got From a friend and is pretty old (like the pheasant tippet & bucktail)

But i order my stuff from The caddis fly angling shop in Eugene They have a shop and online store,excellent customer service and they have a great selection.

Here is their website http://www.caddisflyshop.com/

F
FlyBum
Pussy boogers :lol: :lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
FlyBum said:
Pussy boogers :lol: :lol:
what can i say, trout love em :lol: :lol:

V
Van
brandon4455 said:
But i order my stuff from The caddis fly angling shop in Eugene They have a shop and online store,excellent customer service and they have a great selection.

Here is their website http://www.caddisflyshop.com/

Caddis fly is awesome. My inlaws live in Springtucky, so i get down there often and have visited the shop a few times.

brandon4455
brandon4455
heck yeah. i also like creekside fly fishing in salem, rich is a great guy and has some good prices

F
FlyBum
Here's a Stimmy and a Chubby w/ some Black Krys-tal Flash in sz. 6. Damn I can't wait for the big bugs to start cruzin around :)

Last edited by a moderator:
brandon4455
brandon4455
i dig that stimulator,excellent ties.

T
the_intimidator03
Brandon I do actually think that is quite a nice tie.

I am presenting my ugly little deer hair mouse. I felt it was duly time to challenge my abilities. That said I used deer leather for the tail. I felt nothing was needed for "ears n eyes" since the fish look at it from the bottom. Now does anyone have more deer hair LOL

106_0598.jpg

T
the_intimidator03
Just finished up a few "steelhead" flies in black/pink and purple/pink combos. any input?

106_0601.jpg106_0600.jpg106_0599.jpg

brandon4455
brandon4455
Thanks for the compliments guys!! the only thing i dont like is the rib is a wee bit big..This fly,besides the possie bugger is a fishy favorite in my box.. it's the first dropper fly i tie on before anything else not in this size of course, this one was for mb's, i like to use these in size 16 way better then those dumb hare's ears :rolleyes: :lol: . intimidator, that mouse will slay!!!! excellent work. also like your steel flies, i tie a lot of my leeches and egg patterns on octopus hooks and they work great, sticky sharp..ask the pig steel i caught in march he knows!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
finally got around to pics..here is the fly i tied for the spring trout fly swap..the wingcase is a bit small on this one but you get the idea.

originally the guys @ the caddis fly came up with this pattern but i "tweaked" it and changed it up a bit. different wingcase material,different colored body/tail etc that make it unique. it's a fish fish killer as jimmy showed in his thread.

Last edited:
F
FlyBum
Brandon, you should think about selling those flies. I want 10 dozen, how much??

brandon4455
brandon4455
im actually thinking about selling flies on the side to keep me busy for now and make a few bucks :lol: plus i liek seeing people catch fish on my flies. not right now of course probably starting next month. if you want i can send you the recipe