Fishing the clack

F
FishSchooler
Irishrover said:
Schooler even if you catch a native cutthroat it is still catch and release there. Big time ticket if you hook it on a stringer. No trout can be kept that low on the river. The regs do allow fin clipped trout at River Mill Dam up to the hwy 211 bridge and North Fork Reservior. Just trying to keep you out of trouble I don't want the man in blue hanging on on you!;)

I was just pointin out that there were troots there... thanks tho... ;)
I havent even been fishing at mciver... so Im still free of tickets! ;)

F
FishKiller23
Ive never really fished the clack. is there any good spots up fast North Fork? I saw a lot of areas were u could pull over and have access to the water. Just never saw any one catching.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Tons. I fish all the places possible to get down to the river all the way up to Timothy Lake. We take two trips a year, and I make an annual, all day trout stalkin trip out of the scenic drive up. A couple lakes too on the way.

A
Anyfishisfine
I've caught a few trout where the North Fork enters the reservoir, but it's pretty hit and miss since it also seems to be a popular swimming hole. Worms and spinners worked there. It's a nice spot to fish with the kids. Grass, not rocks, and protected from the wind.

Further up the river near Fish creek (I think) I landed a 21" steelhead on light trout tackle. That was by far the best fish fight I ever had. 4 pound test, and a tiny spinner I had been using to try and catch trout. I thought he was going to strip my reel a few times as he kept running down the river. I didn't mean to catch him, and wasn't allowed to keep him in any case so I let him go, but he fought well and deserved to spawn anyway :)

For me the problem with the Clack is access. Where I have been able to get to the river I have caught fish. Finding a spot along the bank where someone hasn't called dibs is tough on the weekend.

S
Snager
Is it alowed to fish for salmon on the clackamas river this month and if so are people catching them.

F
FishFinger
Yes the Clack is open for Salmon angling and there are fish in the system.