Dairy Creek in Hillsboro

C
CESAR503
has anybody fished here in dairy creek in hillsboro.. behind winco...i went last summer just to pass my evenings and caught some perch and bluegill...at some point i saw a good size trout in there.

S
sapo
Haven't fished it myself, but the West Fork is a good cutthroat trout stream, and you can keep trout from it. The east fork is OK for trout, a lot of private property though. Restricted to artificial flies and lures. Didn't know there were warm water fish, interesting!

C
CESAR503
theres a few acces points you can fish.....but there is also a few snags of some fallen trees but i seen other ppl fish there. went to check it out a week ago but the water was way to high....gonna wait for it to lower to try again...its close to my house so i just though somebody out here might know about it

S
sapo
Cool, I'll have to visit it sometime. Also, someone will probably chime in.

O
o clarki
CESAR503 said:
theres a few acces points you can fish.....but there is also a few snags of some fallen trees but i seen other ppl fish there. went to check it out a week ago but the water was way to high....gonna wait for it to lower to try again...its close to my house so i just though somebody out here might know about it

Just keep in mind it is closed until May 24th.

C
CESAR503
the water still too high maybe till then it will get lower

D
DrTheopolis
Just my (overvalued) $0.02, but the small creeks usually fish better when they're on the high side, although no bait is a disadvantage. Find the soft spots, like behind obstructions to the flow, and you'll find the fish.