McKay, Dairy Creek, and Meyers pond access.

IsaiahW11
Hello!

My name is Isaiah and I have posted in here before. I am looking for areas near me to fly fish with regularity. I am located in the Hillsboro area, and I have kind of unofficially made the Deschutes my weekend river which is great and all, but it would be nice for me if I had a river that was just a wee bit closer to me so I could also fish after work. I have been looking into the Tualatin river system a bit and I am 100% fine catching bass and trout. I am attempting to see if anyone knows of access spots for someone without a boat in the Dairy Creek, McKay Creek area out near Hillsboro. I am mainly just looking for somewhere that has public access and somewhere I can wade or have bank access to. Any information in reference to advice or fishable spots would be so greatly appreciated. I don't want to burn anyone's spots, but I would also strongly prefer to not encroach on anyone's private land either. Also does anyone know if Meyers pond has public access?
 
Davpot
Hello Isaiah: the Deschuttes does seem afar piece to travel! Once we get some RAIN! Local creeks and rivers should come alive!
Im thinking coastal streams and lakes😉 in Oct/Nov, Hagg lk puts out some nice fish. Were just coming into it now…
Good luck! Practice catch and release and Leave No Trace😇
 
  • Like
Reactions: troutdude
IsaiahW11
Davpot said:
Hello Isaiah: the Deschuttes does seem afar piece to travel! Once we get some RAIN! Local creeks and rivers should come alive!
Im thinking coastal streams and lakes😉 in Oct/Nov, Hagg lk puts out some nice fish. Were just coming into it now…
Good luck! Practice catch and release and Leave No Trace😇
Absolutely! Catch and release. Flies only for me personally! Safe fish handling practices! All that good stuff. Thank you for the tip. Do you have any coastal rivers you would recommend for year round fishing?
 
troutdude
IsaiahW11 said:
Absolutely! Catch and release. Flies only for me personally! Safe fish handling practices! All that good stuff. Thank you for the tip. Do you have any coastal rivers you would recommend for year round fishing?
@IsaiahW11 Coastal stream trout fishing closes at the end of October. They are not open year round. Maybe there's one or two open year round. But I'll have to let someone else chime in on that.

And thanks for your C & R and safe handling practices. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: MT_dirtbag and IsaiahW11
IsaiahW11
troutdude said:
@IsaiahW11 Coastal stream trout fishing closes at the end of October. They are not open year round. Maybe there's one or two open year round. But I'll have to let someone else chime in on that.

And thanks for your C & R and safe handling practices. :)
This is good to know. As someone still finding their footing here I sometimes struggle to find the places that are open year round and the places that close at the end of October. Really really hoping to find somewhere within an hour or so of me where I can fish year round. If I remember right the lakes do stay open year round, correct?
 
troutdude
Yes. Many lakes are open year round.
 
Top Bottom