Corkie jig

K
Knot Fishing Sober
I had some feathers and some corkies so decided to mess around. I drilled a hole in the corkies and ran feathers through. Then I plugged the holes with the plastic piece that bobber stops come tied to. The plastic tubes make them easy to thread line through. Just trying to use materials I have already. Any chance I could catch one on these? I know there is a huge anti corkie and yarn drift fishing bias, but keep in mind I'm just trying to catch my first chrome on what is at times a very limited budget. Getting hard to convince the wife the $50 trips to fisherman's are paying off. I'm also a craftsman who loves to tinker and I'm always looking for a way to stand out from the sheeple. Thanks for any criticisms or encouraging feedback.

• 20140209_080051.jpg
  • 20140209_080111-1.jpg
W
waco
That might work!! However a simple corky and yarn catch lots of fish all the time!!

O
OnTheDrop
waco said:
That might work!! However a simple corky and yarn catch lots of fish all the time!!

I always knew you were a Cork/Yarn dredger...

In all seriousness, the Corkie/Yarn isn't just for snagging. It can produce fish, legally.

Those riggin's you got there would probably work if plopped in front of a Steelhead. People give these fish too much credit..

I kid you not, I've seen a Steelhead go after a Cigarette Butt, Sunflower seed shells & indicators or small bobbers.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Hey K F S! I like it. Coming from the dark side, that set-up you have gives one the ability to change hook sizes,like tube flies. They ad some dimention between a corkie/egg and a wounded pink worm. Nice way to think outside the box. Thanks for the idea. Tony

B
bigboy70
yuo thats how I learn to fish corkies and yarn

S
steelhead_slayer
Maybe alm21 with chime in. I've seen him do something similar.