Cloudy and cold on Crane

C
cowboysfan
fished crane sun. morning It was cloudy and cold fishing was slow as you can tell by the photo's!:lol::lol:

Troutski
Troutski
A bad day at Crane is a better day any where else...... You were there just in case it was a banner day...;).

Chuck

J
JohnOD
Hey cowboysfan I was on C.P. from ~8:30 till 2:30 Sunday. I'm fishing out of a 17 1/2' Northriver with a 50HP Honda. We did well on kokes and brooks in the AM but never touched a rainbow. I will try & get some pics up this evening. It looks like we have some warm, stable weather on the way which should help the bite.

Are you guys noticing that the Cranebow fishing is falling off the last two years as far as size and numbers? I sure am. Let’s hope the bows start showing up soon:pray:.

F
fixyourdns
Last time we went out to CP the water was sooo low my boat is still mad at me....

S
sunsalem
JohnOD said:
We did well on kokes and brooks in the AM but never touched a rainbow. I will try & get some pics up this evening.
Nicely done.
I am surprised by the catch of kokes...everyone tells me they are very hard to come by at CP.

It looks like we have some warm, stable weather on the way which should help the bite.
I think weather is the primary reason for its slowness this season.
It hasn't been very cooperative.:(

Let’s hope the bows start showing up soon:pray:.
I have a new boat I am saving just for CP.:D

J
JohnOD
as promised...

Cultus Mountain in the clouds
003-11.jpg
We saw a few of these
012-2.jpg
and lots of adult chironomids... some pretty good sized
004-11.jpg
It pays to show up prepared
003-10.jpg
002-16.jpg
008-5.jpg
A few silvery victims
011-3.jpg
006-6.jpg

Last edited:
C
cowboysfan
man those are nice! you are loaded with chironomids. I am sure there is a cranebow or 2 in there with your name on them.

brandon4455
brandon4455
fat kokes! randy told me you got into some very large ones recently

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
J
JohnOD
We landed one koke that was well over 2 lbs... but didn’t get a pic. All of the brook trout were on the smaller size but I did see one porpoise that was huge.
Indeed there were some real bombers hatching!
I'm heading back up this weekend for some more “scouting”:D

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
L
lilsalmon
nice pics and a very lovely fly box...;) impressive.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
nice job randy,lay off the "koke"its addicting heheheh

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
:lol:
Sinkline said:
How might you know about that Dave? :lol:

Will you please take Rose fishin' again, she is sounding like she needs a "fix" bad! :lol:

Randy
I sure dont miss high school:lol::lol:

yessssssssssss we are headin out thursday to fish and camp for 3 days:cool:

L
lilsalmon
Hey...quit talking about me like I'm not here...:lol: Can't wait to head out. I am going to start stalking Randy and friends...they get some awesome fishes.....

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
J
JohnOD
Although the catching was slow I had a great time on Crane fishing with Randy and Jim. Randy did indeed hook up with a monster Cranebow that came 4’ out of the water right in front of the boat, tossed the hook & flipped us the dorsal fin on his way back to the depths. I always say “better to have hooked and lost than never to have hooked” when the big ones get away… and they do all too often.
Randy & Jim both have extensive experience fishing stillwaters and have given me some ideas to help think outside of the box as far as fishing C.P. goes which I plan on testing as soon as possible.

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish guys!!!! looks a successful day for sure..i can't wait to get out there