White boat no more..

J
JeannaJigs
Might be,probably full i have a habit of not cleaning out my inbox

J
JeannaJigs
Ahh I needed to revisit this for encouragement. It's amazing how complicated something that sounds as simple as a basic boat restore can get. I'm resisting the urge to light my white boat on fire, but it's hard. Couldn't find anyone that sells pre mixed oil based paints around here, apparently this is a recent change, wtf? So I get to go back to the basics of the color wheel and create my own colors. Im realizing why the plain forest green, red, and blue are used so much, no color mixing needed!

God, grant me the serenity...

E
eugene1
Nice this thread was brought back as I never saw it. Good job on the paint, 338!

Thinking about having my aluminum sled sandblasted and painted white, but who knows..

J
JeannaJigs
Ack anything but white!!

R
rippin fish lips
eugene1 said:
Thinking about having my aluminum sled sandblasted and painted white, but who knows..

Dark blue, navy blue, or a candy blue would look clean on your boat. white wouldn't look to bad either, but it would get olddd lol

J
JeannaJigs
White is a hideous beast. Don't do it! DON'T DO IT! Trust me. Lol. White shows everything and it's so...white.

S
Santiam338
JeannaJigs said:
Ahh I needed to revisit this for encouragement. It's amazing how complicated something that sounds as simple as a basic boat restore can get. I'm resisting the urge to light my white boat on fire, but it's hard. Couldn't find anyone that sells pre mixed oil based paints around here, apparently this is a recent change, wtf? So I get to go back to the basics of the color wheel and create my own colors. Im realizing why the plain forest green, red, and blue are used so much, no color mixing needed! God, grant me the serenity...

Git-er-done Jigs...The weather is perfect for painting right now...LOL

I went to Industrial Finishes and told them what I was painting...They mixed up the right amount of the right kind of paint...Basicly,its the same type of paint they use on Chevy Corvettes...They are fiberglass also...Still looks great...

Funny that you brought this back up..Last month I started on the inside of my boat...The front bench was starting to rot...I took a chainsaw and cut it out,then bought new seats...Thats as far as I got so far...Been busy at work...

I got big boy seats from Cabela's...The front seaters are going to be comfortable this winter...That is if I get busy and get it done...If not they will be sitting on a cooler...LOL

IMG_3044.png

God, grant me the serenity...[/QUOTE]

J
JeannaJigs
The interior is the most frustrating!! I modified my front bench to accommodate sliding seats, but I haven't got them yet so front seaters have a bench but might be sitting on life vests LOL. I added some minor storage but theres so much I want to do that I just can't figure out how to engineer. Fiberglass is a pain in my ass! As far as the paint goes, I figured out my colors today. Recorded the ratios and recipes and am good to go. Was an extra step but oh well, I got it lol. The plus is its specifically marine paint so it will hopefully hold up well. I'm waiting for it to drop below 90 before I paint, but will be finishing up the prep work for the interior and hopefully paint that on Wednesday. Then I have to do some filler work for all the little chips on the outside and will move on to getting that done. It's been a hell of a learning experience as I've never done any of this before lol. Will share pictures when it's no longer hideous.

G
GDBrown
Rebuilding Seats

Rebuilding Seats

Santiam338 said:
.........The front bench was starting to rot...I took a chainsaw and cut it out........
IMG_3044.png

God, grant me the serenity...

Be careful that you rebuild the box for the seats properly as that is part of the structural intergety of the hull.:think: Without the seat box the sides will fold in on you and stress the chines which will eventually crack!:shock:

Great looking job on the outsides, by the way.

GD