jenniferwillow
New member
Hello folks,
I’m moving to Gresham next June and I need people to fish with. If you’ve ever tried fishing while rowing you soon realize it really helps to have someone to trade off on the sticks. This thread is an introduction to myself, my boat and my fishing style.
I turned 70 years old this weekend but I’m on the spry side for that age. My name is Jennifer Milburn and I’m married to Sara Kuhns. I’ve worked in astronomy and astrophysics for the last 25 years. I worked first at UCLA for 12 years and then Caltech for 16 years. For the last 16 years I worked at Palomar Observatory.
During the Covid pandemic I built a drift boat. The boat was designed by Jason Cajune from Livingston, Montana. I named the boat after my three dogs: Nimue, Billy, and Lola. I called her The Cerberus after the 3 headed dog that guards the gates to Hell. Unfortunately we lost Nimue soon after the boat was finished and Billy a few months ago. I loved building it and I’d gladly build another. Since I’m moving soon and closing my shop I decided to refurbish the boat in some important ways. During the pandemic it proved impossible to get the bottom coated in LineX as Jason suggested. I’ve had an epoxy-graphite mix bottom since it was built. I just put on the LineX coating and I repainted it. I also put on 2 more coats of marine varnish and repainted the trailer.
The boats finished and back on its trailer. Sometime in the next few weeks I’m going to drive the boat up to its new home in Gresham.
I love fly fishing and I have a fair rod collection. However, I would love to learn bopper-dogging and any technique that will catch fish. I’m not a purist, particularly when fishing for salmon. I’m fair on the sticks but I need to test myself on some easy waters.
I appreciate any feedback. Thanks for listening.
I’m moving to Gresham next June and I need people to fish with. If you’ve ever tried fishing while rowing you soon realize it really helps to have someone to trade off on the sticks. This thread is an introduction to myself, my boat and my fishing style.
I turned 70 years old this weekend but I’m on the spry side for that age. My name is Jennifer Milburn and I’m married to Sara Kuhns. I’ve worked in astronomy and astrophysics for the last 25 years. I worked first at UCLA for 12 years and then Caltech for 16 years. For the last 16 years I worked at Palomar Observatory.
During the Covid pandemic I built a drift boat. The boat was designed by Jason Cajune from Livingston, Montana. I named the boat after my three dogs: Nimue, Billy, and Lola. I called her The Cerberus after the 3 headed dog that guards the gates to Hell. Unfortunately we lost Nimue soon after the boat was finished and Billy a few months ago. I loved building it and I’d gladly build another. Since I’m moving soon and closing my shop I decided to refurbish the boat in some important ways. During the pandemic it proved impossible to get the bottom coated in LineX as Jason suggested. I’ve had an epoxy-graphite mix bottom since it was built. I just put on the LineX coating and I repainted it. I also put on 2 more coats of marine varnish and repainted the trailer.
The boats finished and back on its trailer. Sometime in the next few weeks I’m going to drive the boat up to its new home in Gresham.
I love fly fishing and I have a fair rod collection. However, I would love to learn bopper-dogging and any technique that will catch fish. I’m not a purist, particularly when fishing for salmon. I’m fair on the sticks but I need to test myself on some easy waters.
I appreciate any feedback. Thanks for listening.
