Where are all the coho?

K
kcnoel12
If it's raining next weekend, then we'll head out to the Wilson on Saturday. Damn I didn't know that the salmon bug bit so f'ing hard!:lol:

K
kcnoel12
Ok. What is the consensus here. Did all this rainy weather pull any more Cohos up to CC or is the season a bust as far as the Sandy River goes??? :peace:

B
bigboy70
trask had some good nooks and cohos running when i was down there last saturday nice colors most nooks were starting to turn but not bad at all

F
Finz
Sandy wasn't a bust, you just missed it.
The quality fish were there.
Dark nooks and spawning ho's are what you will find right now.

K
kcnoel12
Finz said:
Sandy wasn't a bust, you just missed it.
The quality fish were there.
Dark nooks and spawning ho's are what you will find right now.
I don't think that I missed it. We've been out every weekend and besides one that I caught in late September we haven't seen a thing. Just last week a few people said that after the next rain (which we've had this week for sure) then the next batch will move through. So now I am all confused. I quest the best way to learn is to hit the water. Everyone has an opinion and it takes hands on experience to see what the truth is. I'll keep everyone posted on how we do.

H
halibuthitman
several coho were caught at the guide shop hole on the Wilson yesterday-

K
kcnoel1
That's good to know. I would love to try out the Wilson but as it is time and money prevent me from doing so. The Sandy is a 20 minute drive to Dodge Park from my house hence all of my efforts have been concentrated there. If I can work out a trip to the Wilson I will. Thanks for the information.

K
kentsboots
So what do you all think, the coho run for sandy looks to be done ? I tried a few times and never did see any action anywhere, did the late rain screw it up or was it an extra short run and I missed it ? I was hoping the rain would bring the last of them up but yesterday I was the only one out there and not a fish in site.

S
SOMCREW
Our good friend from NW Hookers had a pretty Decent year on the Sandy for Coho and Fall Nooks