Garibaldi September 5th to 10th...Coho, Chinook, Crab, and Tuna

F
Fishnsleep
Due to ocean conditions did not go down to Garibaldi until Monday the 4th. Started the week Tuesday fishing with my friend Todd in my Weldcraft. The coho bite was great. We left the dock at 6:30 a.m. and were back at 8:30 a.m. Would have gone bottom fishing, but the ocean was not that great, and the wind was forecast to pick up.

We were using Spinfish with 12 oz cannonball sinkers from 23’ to 35’ behind the boat. Fishing in about 120’ to 160’ off of Twin Rocks. Double Trouble, Lemon Head Glow size 3.0 and 4.0 all worked. On Wedneday we repeated the process with the same results. On Thursday, we repeated the process again, then motored up to Cannon Beach. We caught a lingcod, and 2 limits, (10) sea bass, then returned to the docks about 10:30 a.m.

On Saturday, we ventured about 50 miles west in Todd’s 19’ Arima. We came back with 10 very nice albacore tuna, we also lost a few others. We left the docks at 6:30 a.m. and returned about 5:00 p.m., a very long, but fun day. We saw whales, porpoises, schools of bait fish, mackerel, and some large sunfish.

Since my boat was still in the water we decided we should fish again Sunday morning. We fished from about 7:00 a.m. till 11:00 a.m. and kept 3 coho for 3 anglers. My friend, Joe, from the RV Park joined us on this trip. We fished straight off the south jetty and had doubles on two occasions. Time to go clean things up and head back to Portland for the week. The bite was good later in the week, but great earlier in the week. There were a lot of boats/anglers, the port and boat ramp were very busy places.

10tunas.jpg
4coho.jpeg
crab.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Bo Peep, PhoFish, scched and 3 others
scched
scched
Love it!! I need to get a boat ASAP lol