Umpqua small mouth

1 nut in the water
I know its a little early but has anyone tried the umpqua yet for small mouth?
July is always redhot and I am looking for a fellow pontoon crazy that is interested in all day floats and pulling in 100+ fish if anyone interested...........

T
TTFishon
I might be interested. What stretch are you thinking about hitting?

1 nut in the water
Bridge to bridge- goes back into the big k water. 10-12 hour day but well worth the effort!

T
TTFishon
What day are you thinking about?

Reactions: OnTheFly
1 nut in the water
Water is real high from recent rain but should be down around 5 feet so maybe early next week??

Reactions: OnTheFly
T
TTFishon
Well, I just happen to have Monday off. My pontoon is a cheapy 8 footer. Can it handle that stretch?

1 nut in the water
Um, uh, maybe!
I have a cheapo bimart special that has been through many times with no damage. Only my pride after a few flips!
But since it is quite early I think maybe a shorter float would be in store. possibly the kellogg bridge to the slide?

T
TTFishon
I think a short float would be better for me anyway this time.

T
Throbbit _Shane
I might be down... If the water isn't raging.

1 nut in the water
Forecast is about 6' on monday so I think it is worth a try unless this rain has muddied up the place. I am game for checking it out regardless.

T
TTFishon
Throbbit _Shane said:
I might be down... If the water isn't raging.

C'mon Shane, you know you really want to go.

T
TTFishon
1 nut in the water said:
Forecast is about 6' on monday so I think it is worth a try unless this rain has muddied up the place. I am game for checking it out regardless.

How long of a float do you think it will be?

1 nut in the water
4-5 hours - its a slow moving stretch only a few miles.

T
TTFishon
1 nut in the water said:
4-5 hours - its a slow moving stretch only a few miles.

Sounds good. I'll bust out my toon today to make sure all is well. I don't think I used it once last year. I'll PM you my phone number so we can discuss the details.

T
Throbbit _Shane
This should be fun!

T
Throbbit _Shane
So 1 Nut... Are you still down for the float tomorrow???

I know me and TT are! :D

T
TTFishon
Waitin, waitin, waitin, lol Don't worry Shane, we'll do some kind of fishing tomorrow.

1 nut in the water
Hell ya Fish on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T
TTFishon
Sweet! I'm looking forward to meeting you 1nut and hopefully catching some smallies.

S
sherman
Wish I wasn't working I would join you guys. Have fun & let us know how the bite was. Last year Finius polebender & I floated from the slide to Elkton but it was mighty hot & the bite was slow. Would like to get more guys together & maybe camp at the Elkton rv park & put in at the slide. Would have to be late summer or early fall due to work schedule.