Umpqua small mouth

T
TTFishon
sherman said:
Wish I wasn't working I would join you guys. Have fun & let us know how the bite was. Last year Finius polebender & I floated from the slide to Elkton but it was mighty hot & the bite was slow. Would like to get more guys together & maybe camp at the Elkton rv park & put in at the slide. Would have to be late summer or early fall due to work schedule.

That sounds like a good plan.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Fishing wasn't great. Water wasn't clear enough to see the bottom, so we were pretty much casting blindly. I caught 8 or 9. TT got 4. and i think 1 nut got around 35.

All but one of mine came on a white tube.

And I have your stringer 1 nut, let me know if you want to pick it up or what.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
I still had fun though even though I had to air up every 15 minutes or so. lol It was nice meeting you 1nut and look forward to fishing with you again.

1 nut in the water
TTFishon said:
I still had fun though even though I had to air up every 15 minutes or so. lol It was nice meeting you 1nut and look forward to fishing with you again.

Ya- great to meet some new fishing friends even if the fishing sucked. Let me know of any trips in the future as I would like to expand my network of fishing friends.... If it stays dry I will be ready to head back next week............

1 nut in the water
ok it must be primo fishing down there by now~!
Anyone available to go next monday or tuesday??

T
Throbbit _Shane
I might be game. Ill let you know when it gets a little closer.

1 nut in the water
ok who want to go hit it tomorrow- thursday 7/12?

T
Throbbit _Shane
If i wasn't floating the Mckenzie i would. damn!

1 nut in the water
well i managed to round up no one :( so i guess I will just have to go to work................

1 nut in the water
Hey Shane!

Interested in floating the Umpqua aug 10-12 and staying 1 night on the river?
Couple of us are going to pack minimal gear on our 'toons and give it a go.................

T
Throbbit _Shane
I'm down! Just got back from a 6 day long camping trip at Wickiup, East and Hillscreek. Fishing wasn't great but the weather was!

Ill send you a message in a day or two.

1 nut in the water
oh crud, I gave you the wrong weekend- It is the following weekendAug 17-19.

1 nut in the water
hey ted I think i sent you a pm but i see nothing in my sent folder.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Sounds like GraphiteZen might come as well.

1 nut in the water
Sweet!
I am thinking of putting in friday afternoon and making it a 2 niter on the river. Its a 12 hour float trying to fish and cover water so stretching it into all weekend sounds like a relaxing, good time. What u think?

1 nut in the water
Please pm me if you are thinking of joining us- we will be putting in about 8 am tomorrow and taking out on sunday

C
colbypearson
1 nut in the water said:
Please pm me if you are thinking of joining us- we will be putting in about 8 am tomorrow and taking out on sunday

Hey man, I've been talkin to Shane this week. Me and my buddy are plannin to tag along?

1 nut in the water
only if you want to spend 12 hours each day on the river and catch 300 fish!!
the more the merrier----
Please call me so we can go over a few details like where you are going to put your car, meeting spot,etc........
541-729-7688

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I failed to prep my boat and gear for this and dropped out the night before.
It's now he first night on the river for the group who went and here I sit in a 90 degree garage surrounded by work equipment.. The group (at this exact moment) is probably drinking beer around a campfire in the middle of nowhere, celebrating that which is the mighty Umpqua river.

Stupid, stupid. STUPID.

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Hey Zen I went down the left side of the river before you get to the 2nd bridge. The spot you said not to go down. I made it pretty far then flipped the pontoon LOL. Luckily I tied down most of my stuff before going down it.