Turtles???

D
dtikey
So we left the rivers alone today and headed to a pond on west side of eugene today to fish for carp with bread balls.Carp fishing went good for my son and buddy but not so hot for me.I lost 2 and missed pleanty more but we were starting to think after my son landed this turtle on bread ball that not all bites were from the carp.My son ended up landing one and missing a few other and my buddy Brad landed two and missed countless others.Was fun and enjoyed the time.Hopefully everyone out there can get out to expeirence all that is out thier. downsized_0714121207.jpgdownsized_0714121301.jpgdownsized_0714121310.jpgdownsized_0714121409.jpgdownsized_0714121412.jpg

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Fun in the sun + a surprise visitor! :lol: Great way to spend the day. Thanks for sharing!:D

Y
Yogidabear
O.k. check this out same shorts just like dad :) cool son mike looks just like you. I dont know how you can touch those carp they just look so gross to me ewwwwww.

1zyu5g9.jpg

35lso0i.jpg

B
bran_man
Yeah he's def a chip off the "old" block! ha ha. We got another slayer to watch out for on the river in the near future! I was also going to say that's just like NWK did in florida! hooked a surprise turtle. guess they get hungry too! ha ha

T
Toyracer38
Fish & turtles are already fearing your Son's name! Great job dtikey! Looks like ya had a great day!

D
dtikey
yeah I seen that video Chris did with the turtle but man didn't know they would eat bread balls we thought that pretty wierd.

Yup Ray just like dad in most ways.He got his first summer steelhead at 4 years old up the Mckenzie on bobber and jig and he loves all types of fishing.I think those carp are pretty cool and unique looking and one heck of a fight on light gear which is a blast.Check out throbitt shanes video on carp fishing you will see they are screamers on the drag which is what we look for.

J
john montana
Nice fish!

F
flocaster
Do you mind letting us in on where this pond is? I've been very curious to try carp fishing. If you don't want to post its location for all to see, could you tell me in a pm perhaps?

T
Throbbit _Shane
dtikey said:
yeah I seen that video Chris did with the turtle but man didn't know they would eat bread balls we thought that pretty wierd.

Yup Ray just like dad in most ways.He got his first summer steelhead at 4 years old up the Mckenzie on bobber and jig and he loves all types of fishing.I think those carp are pretty cool and unique looking and one heck of a fight on light gear which is a blast.Check out throbitt shanes video on carp fishing you will see they are screamers on the drag which is what we look for.

Nice fish guys!!! They are good fighters in my book! Fun to kick back and wait for the bite.