A day on the water.

plumbertom
plumbertom
Yesterday (10/6) was a nice weather day at the coast, so my buddy and I made the drive to Charleston from Eugene. We weren't in a rush because we only intended to Crab the tide change at noon.
Anyway, we had our traps in the water by 10:30.
We dropped them just at the south end of Clam Island and upriver almost to the front range light in 20 ft of water.
While we soaked the traps for an hour, we ran down to the cribs and tossed jigs for rock fish.
I did get one smallish Black rock fish which was released.
As for the crabbing, despite our moving traps to shallower and deeper water on subsequent drops, we were inundated with shorts and female.
Among the 150 or so crabs we trapped, we sorted out 11 legal Dungeness and one very large red rock crab.
Nevertheless, as it was the first day out in months (health problems for either him or I prohibiting earlier trips) it was very good to be out.

Reactions: troutdude, Chromatose, Casting Call and 1 other person
Casting Call
Casting Call
plumbertom said:
Yesterday (10/6) was a nice weather day at the coast, so my buddy and I made the drive to Charleston from Eugene. We weren't in a rush because we only intended to Crab the tide change at noon.
Anyway, we had our traps in the water by 10:30.
We dropped them just at the south end of Clam Island and upriver almost to the front range light in 20 ft of water.
While we soaked the traps for an hour, we ran down to the cribs and tossed jigs for rock fish.
I did get one smallish Black rock fish which was released.
As for the crabbing, despite our moving traps to shallower and deeper water on subsequent drops, we were inundated with shorts and female.
Among the 150 or so crabs we trapped, we sorted out 11 legal Dungeness and one very large red rock crab.
Nevertheless, as it was the first day out in months (health problems for either him or I prohibiting earlier trips) it was very good to be out.
glad to see you got out. tony

• Haha
Reactions: plumbertom
plumbertom
plumbertom