Son's fishing trip! 3 June 2023

bass
bass
On Saturday my son and his friend were looking for something to do. I told him it was a free fishing weekend and they decided thats what they wanted to do. I was surprised since my son had not fished in a few years but once he decided to go he was all gangbusters.

I took him in the garage and showed him how to tue a Palomar knot, added a few lures to his bag (he had some stuff already) and off they went.

I suggested Willamette park in West Linn so that is where they went. They got there mid-afternoon and stayed until dark. He ended up having quite a day, catching 6 smallmouth and 4 largemouth. He and his friend were wading so they fid not take their phones so no pics.

Cool thing is that he figured out the bite. He always liked realistic looking lures and caught most of the smallmouth on a bluegill looking lure. He caught the largemouth on a frog. He did not measure the bass but said he could easily get his whole hand inside the largemouths' mouths!

Quite a day. He said he retied 8 times during the day so I guess the quick knot lesson was adequate. Now he wants to buy a license and go again :) I could not be happier!! First time ever that he went fishing and I did not. I am really proud of him!!

• Love
Reactions: troutdude and O. mykiss
troutdude
troutdude
Most excellent!!! Another addict is born...LOL

Reactions: bass
Top Bottom