Turkey invasion?

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
This is typical in Dallas, when I lived there it was not uncommon to find turkey's in the backyard or roaming the streets in flocks of 30+ birds.

W
wozniasm
Some folks might consider their thinning a "fowl" thing but man do they taste god!

T
TTFishon
I wish turkeys would make their way to my backyard.....they'd slowly disappear. lol

S
steelhead_slayer
TTFishon said:
I wish turkeys would make their way to my backyard.....they'd slowly disappear. lol

exactly what i was thinking

F
fishtales
Cool thanks for sharing. I wonder what happend to their home and what casued them to invade the city. I can't imagine them sticking around too long if the food source is gone. In my experience, if people are feeding them then they will probably become quite tame. As far as the crap goes a broom works wonders.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
fishtales said:
Cool thanks for sharing. I wonder what happend to their home and what casued them to invade the city. I can't imagine them sticking around too long if the food source is gone. In my experience, if people are feeding them then they will probably become quite tame. As far as the crap goes a broom works wonders.

The city of Dallas is their home, has been for a very long time. I would bet 99% of the residents never feed them. This is a very rural area with numerous wooded areas in and around the city. I moved there in 2000 and was amazed to see not only wild turkey's walking down the streets but also deer in the yards as well as pheasants, skunks,peacocks and who knows what other critters that haven't been totally displaced by humans. The city of Monmouth, right down the highway, has nearly exterminated the population of beautiful, but pesky peacocks in their neighborhoods. Sadly, the turkey's will likely end on an official hit list soon.

P
PNW Sam
Last Saturday I saw a flock of about 10 in a Farmer's field outside of Keizer. :shock:

And yes they were wild.

R
rippin fish lips
Me Loves some turkey!! I have only seen two peacocks ever in the wild, and that was on the way to fall creek res and fern ridge res. Both were sitting on top of guardrails. Thanks for sharing this tho!

brandon4455
brandon4455
wow..never saw this LOL! i liev in Dallas and i commonly see the turkeys walking around,eating birdseed in our yard and stuff. i have no problem with them at all..they don't cause any harm.. i enjoy having them around .we have deer that roam around on the sidewalks and eat flowers in my yard,i see them atleast twice a week are they gunna shoot those too? ashpoles!!! I really hate the higher up people in this town...they do not care about any of the wildlife whatsoever. really gets on my nerves

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Hey yall...listen up. You in Dallas Texas ought to come up to the NW and live among the Canadian geese for awhile. A few months of that and the turkeys won't seem so bad anymore.

S
steelhead_slayer
oh man do we have geese

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
OnTheFly said:
Hey yall...listen up. You in Dallas Texas ought to come up to the NW and live among the Canadian geese for awhile. A few months of that and the turkeys won't seem so bad anymore.

:think: The report is from Dallas,OREGON...:confused: :lol:

O
OnTheFly
Raincatcher said:
:think: The report is from Dallas,OREGON...:confused: :lol:
No Shipoopy! Well it's like I said ya'll need to come up to the NW.;)

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
OnTheFly said:
No Shipoopy! Well it's like I said ya'll need to come up to the NW.;)

:lol::lol::tongue::tongue::lol::lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
it just really gets to me those rich snobs have to complain about stepping in turkey droppings so they get shot.... -.-

O
OnTheFly
What would Ben Franklin say? Franklin thought the turkey was more sutable to be the nations symbol than the bald eagle.
http://www.greatseal.com/symbols/turkey.html
You Southerners in 'Dallas' should show more respect.:D;)

Last edited:
D
DB Crouper
We don't need no turkeys or bald eagles. The true national bird should be the...

• images[6].jpg
O
OnTheFly
DB Crouper said:
We don't need no turkeys or bald eagles. The true national bird should be the...

I believe Utah's got that one covered already.

D
DB Crouper
OnTheFly said:
I believe Utah's got that one covered already.

Not to mention graduates of Seaside High School. :D

G
GDBrown
Canada NOT Canadian

Canada NOT Canadian

OnTheFly said:

Sorry, Jim, but there are no Canadian Geese!:shock: They are Canada Geese!:rolleyes:

I know, I'm being picky but I was told that by a Canadian! My Brother-in-law!:)